Thread: New trader/collector !!!

New trader/collector !!!

I need some opinions. A 17 year old kid who just moved into my old house wants to start collecting cards. He likes FB mostly so that help BC I know those mostly. Anyway my question/what I need help with is this: He wants to start trading here but doesn't have but about 5-10 gu's and I don't know if he has any auto's or not but he has alot of RC's but mostly 04,05,06 stuff which is what the local card shop had for sale. I first ran into him in the card shop a few weeks ago and he was starting to buy boxes and singles. He thought that RC's were beter than GU's and AU's because that is what he was told by some of the locals in the shop. SO, in your opinion would he be better off concentrating on getting GU's and Auto's opposed to RC's. I showed him some Beckett's but he still wouldn't budge from the RC belief. I wanted to get some opinions then I am going to show him what is the way to go for online trading. Besides, most of the local collectors that hang at the card shops in town are senior citizen's or close to it. I have nothing against them but card collecting has changed alot in the last 20 years...

2. SCC - Feb 2018
    Personally from what I see on all the trade sites (not just this one) people are after Autographs first....then GU.....then RC's. My suggestion would to be have him stock up on all different kinds...there are always people who will collect RC's (the player or team collectors especially) but the auto's are what seem to capture the attention of most. Also, unless there are some bigger names, he is going to have trouble trading even then (ask me...I

Hopefully you will get an abundance of suggestions from others....BTW...I am moving this to the football talk area.

I wish him all the best!

~COLLECTING specific Chris Brown autos & multi color patches
    ~Collecting Hakeem Nicks, Stepfan Taylor, Mario Manningham, Geno Smith and Victor Cruz Auto's

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by cincibengals85
    i got a ladainian absolute heros 137/150 2006 gu if you need
    Yes I want it and I will give at least double BV$ in trade for it. Maybee more depending on what you want from my site. Check it out and let me know what you like. PLMK, Thx...

When it comes to trading, plain RC are becoming a dying breed. I would check Ebay and see what you can get from there. You can usually load up on GU/AUTO for good price if you are on there at the right time.

I only collect RCs. But, mainly AU RCs or AU with GU rcs. I will collect some plain ones, but only higher products such as chromes / sp / spx.