Thread: Question Graded Cards

Question Graded Cards

I've never purchased a graded card before but I've always been interested. What I'm curious about is if the container in which graded cards are housed in, are sealed (permanently enclosed). I was wondering, is there any chance someone (i.e. ebay seller) can switch cards from the graded casing?

2. Check out the deals at Allgood Collectibles eBay Store
    Quote Originally Posted by cardaddict
    I've never purchased a graded card before but I've always been interested. What I'm curious about is if the container in which graded cards are housed in, are sealed (permanently enclosed). I was wondering, is there any chance someone (i.e. ebay seller) can switch cards from the graded casing?
    On every graded card casing I've ever seen... The seal would have to be obviously broken.

Plus, to switch them out you'd have to have two of the exact same card and... Well, even if possible, it's unlikely.

The amount of effort involved in successfully pulling off graded card swapping is sufficiently large that for all but the most widely collected high-value cards it's not worth it, and for all but the most gifted scam artists it simply isn't feasible.

However, it has happened before, as summarized in aftermath here:

http://www.psacard.com/articles/article3741.chtml

I would say that the odds of it being an ongoing problem are slim to none, though. I certainly am not worried about any of the graded cards I own being swapped (why bother doing it with an '87 Topps Alan Trammell, for example?)

If you want to try graded cards out with extra-low risk, any of the 4_sharp_corners eBay IDs (all the same dealer) are pretty much the gold standard for modern PSA graded cards, and I'm sure if you ask around you can learn who the other top-notch people are for other specialties.

Peter G.