Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unhappy taking a break or leaving the hobby

im taking a break from the hobby or maybe leaving. the other day i went to the card shop and bought some gridiron gear packs for the hobby price. so after i opened them up i realize they were retail. the guy covered up where it says hobby on the pack with the price sticker. so i go back to tell the owner i knew what was going on. i arrived and he was just pulling out of the parking lot. he must have closed early. anyway, im atleast taking a break until next season. but who knows i might be back next week lol once im not mad anymore. anybody know what i should do about this card shop owner. i bought the cards a few nights ago so i dont think i can return them any ideas. thanks
    john

2. Check out Steel City Collectibles Clearance Center
    If you paid hobby price i would at least tell him about it and let him know you feel like you got mislead...

If you were in a hobby shop, I think there is a realistic expectation that they sell hobby packs. To cover the identifier with the price sticker is pretty low. Definitely speak up to the shop owner so he has a chance to make it right. If he doesn't you shouldn't feel bad about not shopping there and telling everyone why.
    Hidden Content
    Collecting #12 Randall Cunningham
    -Looking for 2005 Leaf Certified Materials Fabric of the Game cards (baseball or football)
    Hidden Content

If you know the address and phone number of the shop you can report him to the Better Business Bureau, http://bbb.com/. Its not really that much of a hassel, I had to report site a while back and it was pretty quick and easy. Tell them what happen and see what they can do for you.

just go in there with the police. Tell them you want to file charges against the owner for fraud. He probably has more packs in there and you can show the police them and they can confiscate them for evidence. Not sure if you`d want to go through all the trouble, but he did rip you off. Stay mad. ;) Keep dwelling on it that this jerk ripped you off. Use that as motivation to press on. :)

thanks guys i wil probably report it. but could he say that the price i paid was his price for retail packs?

A shop owner has the right to price packs at whatever he wants and if he had them in a hobby box then that does suck, but by law he did nothing wrong except misled you to believe it was a hobby pack. The only thing you can do is ask if he will give you a refund but Im guessing he probably won't, well what did you pull anyways?

That is pretty low. You can also contact Donruss about this guy. They may do something about him. Here's to hoping that this gets resolved.

Quote Originally Posted by #1 Broncos Fan
    well what did you pull anyways?
    all base 1 insert

I have bought a decent amount of gridiron gear over the past 3 mos. Mabye about 3 retail boxes. In the first one I pulled all base but an LT performers non numbered subset card. The next one I pulled a Houshmandez performers #/250 and a Moss base variant #/150. I gave up on that product at that point and focused my spending money on Heritage and Turkey Red. 2 months later there were about 9 loose packs sitting in the 1.59 box at target. I said what the heck and grabbed them. I pulled numbered subset card in every pack. A Marino Performers #/250 just to note one. It's a messed up product as far as I am considered. just like most donruss and UD.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast