Thread: New collecting idea

New collecting idea

Well Ive been looking around at cards on ebay and through this forum trying to think of a person to collect and I finally got the perfect idea. I decided I am going to collect some barry sanders. What do you guys think of this idea? I figured since he is going to the hall of fame his cards are going no where but up in bv and also in 10 years his rc's will probably have a high increase just because his rookie cards will change from old to vintage. Also his cards arent too exspensive compared to getting people that are playing right now ecspecially paying wayyyyy to much for this year's rookies. Well just tell me what you guys think.

2. Allgood (eBay Store)
    I think you have to collect someone that you like because you never know what the value may be in the future. Barry was a great player obviously, but who knows where his card prices will go. He cam into the league in 1989, and that was the height of sports card collecting. So, most of the people that have his cards have tried to keep them in mint condition. There are a ton of his cards out there, so personally, I don't see his cards increasing in value much in the near future. He went into the Hall of Fame a couple years ago and although that sometimes gives a short term increase in prices, it seldom makes any significant affect since everyone knew that Barry was going into the Hall of Fame for years. So, my opinion, collect him if you really like him, not for the potential increase in the value of his cards.

Well yeah Im not just collecting because of the value....If I was why would I be collecting Ryan moats? So yeah. I just like the player and thought he would be a good player to collect.

Ohh. I just thought of the other reason I started to collect him. I bought a $20 hobby box of 1999 topps a month or two ago and pulled a $40 barry sanders insert so I already had a decent start.