Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hobby box questions

hobby box questions

I am trying to decide on a hobby box to buy off of the bay. I really love sp authentic cards so Ive kinda decided on that. You guys could change my mind if you think sp is really bad compared to another box. I want to get something that atleast guarentees a hit. My other thing is what year to get? I mainly collect jevon kearse, ryan moats, donovan mcnabb and trying to get some barry sanders. What years boxes will be cheapest and give me the highest chances to get a rc of a player I want. I want to get a box of 05 sp authentic but I am thinking that they will be too high in $. I was looking at a box of 99 sp authentic for $25 and thought this would be great but am scared I will just not even get an auto. Thanks for help.

2. Kronozio
    I just found 2 boxes of pro set from 1989 for $12 would this have any autos or gu?

those pro-set boxes wouldnt have anything great in them. no gu/autos and a bunch of super-cheap rcs.

Ah ight. Well I found a box of sp authentics I am going to get.

Quote Originally Posted by nflcardlover
    Ah ight. Well I found a box of sp authentics I am going to get.
    Can't go wrong with Bowman Chrome... (my personal favorite).. I personally didn't think much of UD SPA. Chrome gets you (per box) 1 Rookie Auto, 1 Uncirculated RC (box topper), 2 Veteran Refractors, 2 Rookie Refractors, 1 Xfractor (numbered) Plus there are Gold, blue, red refractors you could pull, all with auto parallels.. 1 of 1 printing plates...

Great looking product and tons of rookies..

Do an advanced search on ebay showing only closed auctions for the box you want. You may be able to determine what the going rate is. You may be better off with something like 98 Finest, Good chance of a Manning rookie but no autos.
    Stay with high end stuff.

Thanks. What are the chances I pull a mcnabb rc out of a 1999 sp authentics?

chances are pretty slim....1999 sp authentice hobby boxes go for like 80-90 right?

Yeah. I have about $110 right now and am probably going to get the box on ebay unless the card shop guy has good deals on older boxes.

man, if i were you id definitely buy a box of something 2006 with are much better off and you wont get as many no-namers as in older boxes. and the newer stuff will be MUCH easier to trade.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast