Thread: Season Over What Now?

Season Over What Now?

The NFL season ends today. Interest in Football cards has been high due to the outstanding rookie crop. What can we expect from football trading etc. between now and next Aug? Prices?

Thanks

in my opinion prices will go down. People (including myself) are paying rediculous money for these 2006 rookies. I can't understand why a reggie bush rc auto #ed to 10 can go higher than a landanian tomlinson rc auto #ed to 10. Is reggie bush really gonna be a better player than LT? But anyways these 2006 rookies are in everyones mind and as football goes away and we start thinking about the new class of rookies prices will go down. but don't get me wrong its been a great year for football cards. great players and some great new products. the cards seem cooler than ever and its a great sign to what the future will hold

i think a lot of interest in trading will go down in the offseason but pick up big again when the draft/preseason comes around.

Use it to your advantage, you can pick up cards for much cheaper during the offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by sportsguyryan
    Use it to your advantage, you can pick up cards for much cheaper during the offseason.
    Exactly!

The only time during the offseason that prices tend to spike a bit is during the NFL draft.

This is the ONLY reason I like the offseason.....time to pull out all the old football tapes to watch

Peace~
    Rima
    ~COLLECTING specific Chris Brown autos & multi color patches
    ~Collecting Chris Brown, Hakeem Nicks, Stepfan Taylor & Geno Smith Auto's, multi color patches & 1/1's

TRADE LIST:
    Hidden Content

Well, some of the sections will see less traffic (IE: Football chat, I assume football box breaks) and it will probably dip a bit in football trading, but then you will have those of us who are looking to up the trading/buying because it is offseason...so it will probably just depend. I am basing this on past years...SCF has seemed to have an upswing in members so it may stay the same. :)

Peace~
    Rima
    ~COLLECTING specific Chris Brown autos & multi color patches
    ~Collecting Chris Brown, Hakeem Nicks, Stepfan Taylor & Geno Smith Auto's, multi color patches & 1/1's

TRADE LIST:
    Hidden Content

You typically see the hardcore guys continue trading where you end up seeing the add water fans falling to the wayside. Continue searching for your needs and you won't be disappointed.