Poll: what box

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: box.

box.

I have narrowed my basketball box choice to 2 different ones.

Any reason why these 2? Depending on your price range I'd go with something else, personally...

there both under 100$ and they seem nice.... do you suggest something else thats under that amount

plus i have seen some good stuff out of them.

If you're looking for 06-07, I don't have any other recommendations (although I did get my SP GU boxes for less than 100 each) except lower-end stuff like Bowman or Big Game.

But a box that is a big-time break from what I've read (from 05-06) is GOTG. Some good stuff in there...

Personally, I didn't like Sweet Shot and Reflections...because:
    1) reflections, even if you hit a pretty good card (I was excited because I got an Emeka Okafor auto #/20), it's going to be pretty low-dollar IMO. The Emeka books 30; only 2x the dual GU of Shaq/JWill I got in the same box. That's just from personal experience, of course. If you've seen good breaks, then I'd say go for it.

2) sweet shots seems to be on the decline recently. Just not a fan of the design, plus the breaks I have seen are pretty mediocre at best...

But once again it's your call. I wouldn' be surprised if you pulled a Lebron/MJ dual auto patch #/5 or something..

Lol thanks for the help I bought a box of reflections football in 04 and pulled an eli rookie auto bv.100 so i have good luck out of those two what would u suggest also for a fotball box thats under 100 what would u suggest.

than,ks

Ive seen some horrible breaks from Reflections i would avoid it if you can...havent heard much about this years sweet shot....

Sorry, don't collect football.

How about you try for some Bowman Sterling ;)

Go with Sweet Shot. Both boxes are around $80, but Sweet Shot comes with 2 Autos and 2 GU per box on average and Reflections only comes with 1 GU and 1 Auto per box on average. Also, I was just recent;y reading my Feb. 2007 Basketball Beckett and in the "The Money Ball" section on page 26 the top 10 things to buy are...

1) 2006-07 Bowman and Bowman Chrome
    2) Deron Williams
    3) 2006-07 SP Game Used
    4) 2003-04 Exquisite
    5) 2006-07 UD Sweet Shot (ranked pretty good IMO. Reflections isn't even half as good as UD Sweet Shot.
    6) Kevin Martin
    7) Andrew Bynum
    8) 2005-06 Exquisite Collection
    9) Dwight Howard
    10) 1998-99 SP Authentic Sign Of The Times

GOod luck with whatever you choose!

cool i think i might go with sweet shot and if i have money a few packs of reflections what do you think of that?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast