Thread: is this fake?

is this fake?

i saw this but never heard about it. has anybody ever seen these before?

http://cgi.ebay.com/JOSEPH-ADDAI-200...QQcmdZViewItem

2. Check out Steel City Collectibles Clearance Center
    Strange....I see nothing about it on the website at all....not sure what to think about it :\

Peace~
    Rima
    ~COLLECTING specific Chris Brown autos & multi color patches
    ~Collecting Hakeem Nicks, Stepfan Taylor, Mario Manningham, Geno Smith and Victor Cruz Auto's

TRADE LIST:
    Hidden Content

just a thought
    dosent sage hand number their cards?i dont recall ever seeing one stamped
    any one have any idea?

i never heard anything about it, but i would trust it. it's a respectable dealer, the description (if you read it) sounds plausible, and it's a nice looking card. the only thing that gets my attention really is the fact that on the card, the HYPE 2006 looks very generic, almost like someone put that on there is a computer printer. however, i'd still trust it. it's a good source

if you check a few of his other auctions, he is selling lots of spanish or french cards and calling them rookies. he is also selling a lot of cards graded 10 by a company i never heard of. seems very suspicious regardless of his feedback.

I actually remember reading something about these cards. I think they are legit.
    Here is article I found via google:

Dear Collector,

This latest NFL draft has some of the best talent we've seen in years. There are at least ten players who look like they could change the fortunes for their new teams. Some are obvious like Reggie Bush and Vince Young. Others like Laurence Maroney and Joseph Addai require a little vision and insight. We like this crop of rookies so much that we went to the leading football rookie card company in the world, SAGE Collectibles, and asked them to create a special edition just for our eBay customers.

And you won't believe what they did for us.

SAGE has created a HYPE! Edition set and limited it to just 2006 cards produced. This is a fraction of what SAGE's regular production normally is and the HYPE! Edition will never be in packs. They will only be sold through eBay Power Seller GoGraded here on eBay.

The cards are simply gorgeous and have the HYPE! logo and '2006' printed right on the front so you know exactly what you're getting. They are also on different paper and glossier than the regular Sage cards. There is a HYPE! Edition for both SAGE products released thus far... SAGE HIT & SAGE Aspire.

And we have chosen our top 7 prospects for this special edition.
    Below you will find brief capsules on each of the Magnificent Seven as well as links to these great cards. Remember, there are only 2006 available and we are only releasing them here on eBay
    I trade by Beckett bv ONLY. I only collect gu and autos.
    Hidden Content

I think it might be legit. Beckett has a listing for the "Hype" cards.

2006 SAGE HIT Hype 6 Joseph Addai N/A N/A

Quote Originally Posted by hoeser
    I actually remember reading something about these cards. I think they are legit.
    Here is article I found via google:

Dear Collector,

This latest NFL draft has some of the best talent we've seen in years. There are at least ten players who look like they could change the fortunes for their new teams. Some are obvious like Reggie Bush and Vince Young. Others like Laurence Maroney and Joseph Addai require a little vision and insight. We like this crop of rookies so much that we went to the leading football rookie card company in the world, SAGE Collectibles, and asked them to create a special edition just for our eBay customers.

And you won't believe what they did for us.

SAGE has created a HYPE! Edition set and limited it to just 2006 cards produced. This is a fraction of what SAGE's regular production normally is and the HYPE! Edition will never be in packs. They will only be sold through eBay Power Seller GoGraded here on eBay.

The cards are simply gorgeous and have the HYPE! logo and '2006' printed right on the front so you know exactly what you're getting. They are also on different paper and glossier than the regular Sage cards. There is a HYPE! Edition for both SAGE products released thus far... SAGE HIT & SAGE Aspire.

And we have chosen our top 7 prospects for this special edition.
    Below you will find brief capsules on each of the Magnificent Seven as well as links to these great cards. Remember, there are only 2006 available and we are only releasing them here on eBay

Good find!

I googled it as well and only had numerous links for ebay auctions come up and I finally found the SAGE site but couldn't find anywhere on the site about them.

Peace~
    Rima
    ~COLLECTING specific Chris Brown autos & multi color patches
    ~Collecting Hakeem Nicks, Stepfan Taylor, Mario Manningham, Geno Smith and Victor Cruz Auto's

TRADE LIST:
    Hidden Content