Thread: Cheapest Way to Ship?

Cheapest Way to Ship?

Well to make a long story short, my dad mails all my stuff for me, and he is getting a new job, and the place he mails my stuff isnt actually a post office, and they ship ridiculously cheap, and we dont think that they calculate the prices right. So now I am going to have to find a new way to ship cheaply.
    What do you guys do?

Thanks,
    Justin

2. Check out the deals at Allgood Collectibles eBay Store
    So, you're looking to ship for less than actual postage rates ? Good luck. Why not just pay what it costs like everyone else does ?

no, not necessarily, I think you read this the wrong way.
    I went to my post office and it costs me alot more, like $4 per envelope to ship. at this other place, It cost me like .50-$1 to ship. So you see if i send out 200 trades at $4 compared to 200 at $1, look how much money I didnt waste. Just seeing the ways people ship.
    Wondering how much it costs shipping through paypal as well?
    Looking to see how everyone ships

Quote Originally Posted by SteelersRock2453
    no, not necessarily, I think you read this the wrong way.
    I went to my post office and it costs me alot more, like $4 per envelope to ship. at this other place, It cost me like .50-$1 to ship. So you see if i send out 200 trades at $4 compared to 200 at $1, look how much money I didnt waste. Just seeing the ways people ship.
    Wondering how much it costs shipping through paypal as well?
    Looking to see how everyone ships

Are you trying to send the package with DC? If so, they will charge you priority rate if the bubble mailer isn't at least 3/4 inches high at one point on the envelope. Otherwise, there is no possible way it should cost you $4 to mail something out.

Most generally, with DC, my packages run between $1.24 and $1.88 to send (depending on weight).

Peace~
    Rima
    ~COLLECTING specific Chris Brown autos & multi color patches
    ~Collecting Chris Brown, Hakeem Nicks, Stepfan Taylor & Geno Smith Auto's, multi color patches & 1/1's

yes with DC, i send almost all my trades with DC, and everytime I go to the PO in my city it costs like $4, but when my dad takes them to the grocery store its only like $1.50, thats why I thought it was so ridiculously cheap, probably because my envelopes arent 3/4.
    What if I made them thicker would it be cheaper?

I did misunderstand what you were asking before. If the envelope is 3/4 of an inch thick, it's just $0.60 plus the actuall postage. If not, then the post office will charge you priority rate as Rima mentioned earlier. If you go to USPS.com, they have all of the posatage rates there to look at.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelersRock2453
    yes with DC, i send almost all my trades with DC, and everytime I go to the PO in my city it costs like $4, but when my dad takes them to the grocery store its only like $1.50, thats why I thought it was so ridiculously cheap, probably because my envelopes arent 3/4.
    What if I made them thicker would it be cheaper?
    Yes...it only has to be 3/4 inch thick at one point within the envelope. What I usually do is take a bit of bubble wrap and roll it/tape it an put it in the package or if you have none, take an old bubble mailer, cut it in half, wrap the card in it then put that in the padded envelope. You can even wad up a piece of paper towel or put a packing peanut in the package (Someone may not like the paper towel idea though, they may wonder where it's been) :icon_eek: :new_all_c

Peace~
    Rima
    ~COLLECTING specific Chris Brown autos & multi color patches
    ~Collecting Chris Brown, Hakeem Nicks, Stepfan Taylor & Geno Smith Auto's, multi color patches & 1/1's

its the same $ to ship thru paypal. paypal uses the pricing from USPS or whatever shipping service you request. its just easier to pay and u can print your labels from it so you dont have to wait in line at the post office.