Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Fighting Lou Gehrig Disease. Can you Help?

This is being posted with the permission of the administrator.

I am posting to you to give you all an opportunity to help a wonderful cause - to help find the cure for ALS.

I got the idea for this project after listening to a local sports radio station discuss the ways they were getting involved in the fight for a cure. Golf legend Tom Watson's caddy, Bruce Edwards has been stricken with this life altering disease and the people of my hometown, Kansas City are finding many ways to get involved. This is mine:

I am asking that sports card shops and collectors around the country donate one card per month. This card will be auctioned on eBay auctions. The money received from the sale of the cards will be donated to th ALS Foundation minus listing fees.

How do you know the cards end up in the proper hands and that the money received will go to the ALS Foundation? You, the sports card shop owner/collector will be contacted when your donated item is listed on eBay. You will be able to track the bids as they are received. You will also be copied on all emails relayed between Cards 4 ALS and the winning bidder. Also, the winning bidder will be instructed to pay in the form of a check or money order made out to the ALS Association.

I wouldn't ask you to do this without giving you a great amount of thank you and credit. The item descriptions will include a link to your website/trade page and mention your company's name. It's a win/win situation for you and ALS.

I hope that you can come on board and help me fight this terrible disease. All I ask from you at this time is a reply to this post telling me you would like to participate or would like further details. I thank you for your time.

Mike Buchanan
    Director
    Cards 4 ALS

I am in Mike. I don't know how great the cards will be that I can give, but I will find something (GU/AUTO/Something nice) to send!

Just give me whatever info you need to either by PM, or by email:

blackdiam0nd66@yahoo.com

Good luck in this fight for a very serious disease!! I have taken care of folks with ALS in the past!! I hope my contribution will be able to help in some small way!

Peace,
    Rima
    ~COLLECTING specific Chris Brown autos & multi color patches
    ~Collecting Hakeem Nicks, Stepfan Taylor, Mario Manningham, Geno Smith and Victor Cruz Auto's

TRADE LIST:
    Hidden Content

Nice work Mike and I hope you get a lot of support. When I came home from classes today I got an e-mail from one of my friends family... found out my friend died last night of cystic fibrosis. She was one of the most caring and nice person's I've ever known and she was beautiful too. We were planning on having a big night out of bar hopping for her 22nd birthday on Oct 22nd but sadly we won't get to have our fun.

I will see what I can send to help this cause. Also, a bit of advice, in the eBay auction, explain that the proceeds will go to the ALS Association. More people will bid and more money will be raised. Again, I will see what cards I can send.

Iggy, I am sorry to hear of your friends passing. I know it's things like this that get us think more about life and the one's we love. Again, my condolences.

Thanks, Iggy. I am actually waiting for some news concerning a monthly drawing for the donors of sports cards. Here's a hint (and knock on wood):

Auto memorabilia of a certain HOF'er in the KC area. Not promising anything, but I hope to hear something within the next few days.

I would LOVE to donate a card or two towards this cause. More details plz, thanks!!

I'm in. Just let me know where I can send and if wanting anything special or not. But I will help where I can.

Just my two cents, it's takes someone with a big heart who doesn't think of themselves before thinking of others. I think we can all learn from M80 and this is my way of continuing that support of others.

I have organized two golf tourneys in the past two years for Special Olympics and raised money for our athletes. Ever since those tourneys I have tried to help others as they helped me. But these cards will not come from me personally but from a organization I am the coordinator of -- the Atwater Fire Explorers. These kids are between 14 and 18 and strive to be firefighters in the future. Well the biggest part of being a firefighter, been doing it for almost 18 years myself, is helping others. I think this is a good start.

Mike good luck and pm with the info needed.

Robert
    Collecting Barry Sanders, Tom Brady for myself. Collecting Bart Starr, Aaron Rodgers, Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson, Kevin Durant, and Buster Posey for my son.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast