2. Check out Steel City Collectibles Clearance Center
    Maybe it would be worth showing this to your local Walmart and Target managers..

Sort of shocked that ebay allowed that on their site.

I used to be a manager at a SuperTarget and can tell you that AP (assets protection) does try to keep an eye on the cards, not just for pack searching, but because of a high theft area. That being said, they can only do so much at some of those stores and to bottom line it, I would never buy a pack from a Target, Wal Mart, etc...only the blaster boxes, otherwise you are probably wasting your money.

These guys would be at the door on the day that the vendors were there putting out product, just like the Hot Wheels collectors who were there EVERY day of the week. Of course, this was in Omaha, NE...maybe smaller towns don't have the same problem.

Quote Originally Posted by brentodento
    I used to be a manager at a SuperTarget and can tell you that AP (assets protection) does try to keep an eye on the cards, not just for pack searching, but because of a high theft area. That being said, they can only do so much at some of those stores and to bottom line it, I would never buy a pack from a Target, Wal Mart, etc...only the blaster boxes, otherwise you are probably wasting your money.

These guys would be at the door on the day that the vendors were there putting out product, just like the Hot Wheels collectors who were there EVERY day of the week. Of course, this was in Omaha, NE...maybe smaller towns don't have the same problem.
    Now THOSE collectors were a trip! :icon_eek:

I worked at Wal Mart for about 3 months (which was 2 months and 29 days too long) but anyways, those guys would be practically running down the isle to get to the HW ....I swear, if they were still in the boxes they were shipped in these guys would start pulling the boxes off the skids and tearing them open themselves :icon_eek: It was insane.

We were fairly lax in watching the sportscards....I did so because I collected and hate pack searchers, but I also worked overnights so we didn't have a whole lot of issues in that area that I saw, but those HW collectors would zoom right in at about 3 AM...LOL...half looked like they literally rolled out of the bed (serious bed head going on) and found the first thing to put on :new_shock :icon_roll

Ebay is fairly lax about the "ME" pages unless they get a number of reports. Before that guy who died (Daystar.. a real piece of work) used to harass a couple of guys from the beckett b-ball boards on his Ebay ME page and it took quite awhile to get it taken down.

Peace~
    Rima
    ~COLLECTING specific Chris Brown autos & multi color patches
    ~Collecting Chris Brown, Hakeem Nicks, Stepfan Taylor & Geno Smith Auto's, multi color patches & 1/1's

TRADE LIST:
    Hidden Content

Yeah - some of the Hot Wheels guys were real low-life's. I had one instance where a lady came in and said they wanted to buy a couple of cases of Hot Wheels for children's charity house in town. Represented herself as being from the local country club golf course (which her husband was)...long story short, I got the sob story, sold her 2 cases of hot wheels - sealed, which I wouldn't normally do and they ripped 'em, got the ones they wanted and returned the rest to another Target in town. NICE morals.

If you read my thread about the target pack searcher then you can see my opinion on this. Number one, get a life. Number two, get a woman (but don't be too quick to get married, "HELP"). Number three, DON'T STEAL. Pack searchers will never make the BIG hits they dream of. How many $100+ autos or $100+ hot wheels will they ever find? Mabye 1 a year in that. Most will be 5-20 bv and they will get crap for them on the bay.