Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Howdy from Down Under

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See wolvesjr34's Items on eBay

Howdy from Down Under

So here I am, AJ, an Aussie with an insatiable desire to get as many Isaiah Rider and Minnesota Timberwolves cards as possible, while feeding my Oakland A's and Dallas Cowboys love along the way.

I have collected cards since 1994, when I got my first Isaiah Rider RC, it was Upper Deck and remains one of my faves. I don't know why I decided he was my guy, but it could have been because he had some hops, I dunno. Shame how his career ended, but these things happen.

So yeah I am trying to get as many Rider cards as possible, seriously chasing a 1/1 of his, it's my dream card. I have approx 315 different cards of his, and only have a couple hundred to go, most are the rarer cards but that's what i'm looking for.

I'm a huge fan of KG and Starbury as well, while bringing much love to the Twolves rookies as they come, espeially McCants and Foye. I'm not a rich collector, so, when I do get an auto or GU of these guys I get a bit giddy. But that's not saying much when I am trying to get as many Wolves commons as possible.... my love for that team is huge. Even though in 94 I was an Orlando fan, but who wouldn't have been, as a kid, with Shaq and Penny kicking butt and taking names? I changed when KG came on the scene, and will never change again.

I currently have approximately 1500 Timberwolves cards... that includes the ones of Rider and Starbury in their t-wolves days, 22 autos, 60 odd GU and a couple dozen refractors. My faded T'Wolves auto of Starbury is prolly one of my fave cards.

Besides basketball I have a small collection of Eriz Chavez and the former big three of Oakland pitching in Hudson, Mulder and Zito. And I am proud of my only Marion Barber III card, Topps Pristine RC Auto... I also collect as mnay commons and GU that I can get my hands on of the Dallas Cowboys... and if I had access to hockey cards I'd collect the Vancouver Canucks.

Also when it comes to Australian sports I collect Ricky Ponting (Cricket) cards and Hawthorn Hawks (Aussie rules footy) cards.

I guess thats my card habits out of the way, besides that I'm a huge music fan and I love television and the movies. I'm mostly easy going amd am a huge sports fan outside of the hobby itself. I play softball (that's cos I am literally a girl, not just a big girls blouse ;) ) and I also present my own Radio Show....

I think thats it!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bball_mattyj's Items on eBay

Welcome to SCF AJ :)

Guys, AJ rocks, shes a great trader, i've done many trades with her and highly recommend her :)

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See stat_1's Items on eBay

Welcome to SCF, and I hope you enjoy the site as much as I do!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Welcome to SCF! Good luck trading.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers
    See htwheelz01's Items on eBay

Welcome to SCF!

SCF Rewards
    Country

welcome.. I have a HUGE lot of rider cards if you come across a few dollars I would be happy to make a deal to get them to you.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See golfmanccl's Items on eBay

welcome to the site and good trading

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Hey!!! Like to "WELCOME" Ya to SCF.. If Ya Ever Have Any Questions or Problems Feel Free to PM (Private Message) Me or Any of the Other Great Staff Members Here.. Browse the Different Forums & Get Yourself Familiar with it all & Also Read through the Rules... Good Luck & I'm Sure Your Collection will Grow RAPIDLY Here... Glad to Have Ya!!!!

THANKS ALOT!!!!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Giants Oklahoma City Thunder Los Angeles Dodgers
    See 22chrisbrown29's Items on eBay

Welcome to SCF AJ, wonderful intro! It's nice to have another female collector on board! :)

Isaiah Rider huh? I enjoyed watching him play ball at UNLV. Your collection sounds awesome! Good luck trading here and adding to it.

I also played softball for many years (from age 12 to 28). Shin splints ended my softball playing days though. What position do you play? I played pitcher (fast pitch)/third base/CF/RF during my playing days. Wasn't much of a power hitter but I certainly hit for a wicked average!

Good luck here on the site and if you ever have any questions or concerns feel free to PM a mod/advisor...we are here to help!

Peace~
    Rima

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See wolvesjr34's Items on eBay

Thank you everyone for the welcomes, I was a bit worried coming into a huge forum already well developed. I feel a little more at ease now. I apologise in advance if I make any rookie mistakes, though I shall definately try and familiarise myself with the rules.

Howdy BlackDiamond....

I am a utility player, I basically play it all apart from pitcher.... I have hand eye coordination better than anyone on my team and a desire to stop the ball even if that means throwing myself at it... so I play wherever the coach thinks I'll be most useful, this year its been Catcher, 1st and 3rd.... my last game I played out at least half the opposition from 3rd.... as a batter I keep it down and look for the gaps, and rarely ever strike out... but then I am only playing for fun.... not in the real serious league....

I Hope to get really involved with this forum, when time and work permits.

So thanks again everyone for the welcomes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast