Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Any Ivan Rodriguez fans out there besides me?

I have tons of duplicates to trade. I hope someone will want some. All kinds of premium brands. SPx, Flair, SP Authentic, Private Stock, Metal Universe, etc. Plenty of other premium stuff.
    Here is a link to all my Ivan Rodriguez dupes.

http://www.freewebs.com/molina00/iva...fortradeor.htm

You all should know what I am looking for by now.
    Also 2002 Diamond Kings.

I dont need any I-Rod, but I came across one more from my previous collection.

01 Private Stock Artists Canvas Ivan Rodriguez $8

Looking For Twins or Vikes.

Molina,I may get with you in a few days.I am not an I-rod collector but my son does collect cards of catchers (he is a catcher in little league).His favorites are Javy Lopez and Varitek but he likes to get all cards of catchers that he can.I'll have to go over the list verses what cards he has and see what he may like.

Couple of side notes:
    Bought him a $20 TRU box and he got an I-Rod bobble head...he thought it was the coolest thing he has ever seen.

My son's stats from this past season in bold (7-8 year old league both years):
    Year AB Hits 2B 3B HR RBI AVG
    2002 43 25 4 0 0 14 .581
    2003 42 38 3 3 2 25 .905
    Playoff 6 4 1 0 0 4 .667
    Career 91 67 8 3 2 43 .727

Also won MVP for 2003,Batting title for 2003, and was chosen as the starting catcher for 2 different All-Star leagues...7/8 year olds and 9/10 year olds.He was selected to the older age group because of his skill and the coaches loved the way he handled the plate and stated ,"he is better than any catcher we have up here". He couldn't play on both so I opted to let him stay in his own age group.

I guess I am bragging a bit but I love the sport and love coaching.His first year in this age group he played 2nd base and did excellent there as well.This year he wanted to switch and try catching since the catcher always touches the ball.I guess he is falling into his old man's footseps but I hope he does better than I did.

In about 10-12 years,ya'll get ready for a card to hold onto.I already have his first rookie card so I'll be ahead of the game...lol

-Frank-

Originally posted by Knight302
    Molina,I may get with you in a few days.I am not an I-rod collector but my son does collect cards of catchers (he is a catcher in little league).His favorites are Javy Lopez and Varitek but he likes to get all cards of catchers that he can.I'll have to go over the list verses what cards he has and see what he may like.

Couple of side notes:
    Bought him a $20 TRU box and he got an I-Rod bobble head...he thought it was the coolest thing he has ever seen.

My son's stats from this past season in bold (7-8 year old league both years):
    Year AB Hits 2B 3B HR RBI AVG
    2002 43 25 4 0 0 14 .581
    2003 42 38 3 3 2 25 .905
    Playoff 6 4 1 0 0 4 .667
    Career 91 67 8 3 2 43 .727

Also won MVP for 2003,Batting title for 2003, and was chosen as the starting catcher for 2 different All-Star leagues...7/8 year olds and 9/10 year olds.He was selected to the older age group because of his skill and the coaches loved the way he handled the plate and stated ,"he is better than any catcher we have up here". He couldn't play on both so I opted to let him stay in his own age group.

I guess I am bragging a bit but I love the sport and love coaching.His first year in this age group he played 2nd base and did excellent there as well.This year he wanted to switch and try catching since the catcher always touches the ball.I guess he is falling into his old man's footseps but I hope he does better than I did.

In about 10-12 years,ya'll get ready for a card to hold onto.I already have his first rookie card so I'll be ahead of the game...lol

-Frank-
    That's pretty good. Thanks for sharing that. I wish I had played baseball when I was younger insted of football. I enjoy baseball alot more. Tell your son to keep it up and I'll be looking forward to 2013 or 2014 or 2015 Bowman Chrome lol.

Not a fan of Irod here....

Especially after game 4 of the Division Series. I used to like the guy, but why couldn't he drop the ball just once?

Molina -

I may be getting some higher end ($40+) Irod Autos in, so I'll PM you when I'm ready to trade them.

Twinscollector-I am pretty sure I don't have much in the way of good Twins cards but I'll see if I can find something.

Knight302-If there is any chance of trading for that bobble head let me know. Looks like you might have a star in the making there. How can anyone collect catcher without collecting the greatest? Oh well. Look forward to hearing what he needs.
    Thanks or the reply.

ACBaseball-You can't argue with greatness. That was awsome watching the guy slam into him and he holds onto the ball.:D
    Look forward to seeing what you get. For reference, these are the pudge autos I already have. 2001 Topps Stars, 2001 UD Ultimate Signature, '98 SP Authentic and '00 Finest Moments Refractor.

Knight---Sounds like your son is exactly like me!I started when I was 5 and my dad was too a coach!The other coach's son played 1st and I played 2nd!I got bored and one night at my grandparents house I went with my uncle to the community center he owns and he gave me all sorts of catching equipment!I wore it the whole 45 minute ride back home!Then I practiced constantly throwing myself to the ground. It was so fun I knew I had to be a catcher!Then I catched for two or three years then finally as a 9 yr. old I made a 10-12 yr. old league!It was rough my first year!By the way this is the select league I'm talking about!I got banged around and was new to the whole you can steal a base now thing!Then when I was 10 I had a better season!I got some good hits, and played excellent behind the plate!I threw out almost every runner!Now adays it's just an instinct for me to throw my glove down and sweep up the dirt balls. I still play very competitively and it's very fun. I play for school and in all sorts of travel leagues. If your son loves to play in great stadiums,have away and home uniforms, and be treated like your in the world series then tell him to stay where he is!I can guarntee you and your son will have a great time!I know for sure my dad had fun!The copmetion is great, the people, everything!I can't stress enough for your son to stay with baseball!It almost happened to me!There came a point where I didn't want to practice, wanted to hang out with friends, started to think soccer was cool and thought everyone played soccer but me,lol ughhhh soccer, but then I got my groove back and became quite good!I'm not saying I'm all that but I can throw almost every runner out in the county. If you discipline him, take him to the batting cages, and do drills with him, I guarentee you ALL the hard work will pay off!It's so much fun playing in Triple-A stadiums, hearing your name announced, smelling hot dogs from behind the plate, watching little people chase after foul balls!From what it sounds like he may be a great catcher someday!If you lived close to me in NY I'd love to go and help your son out!I love to see young guns like him at clinics and all!When you have potential and do everything right and use your ability to the best good things will happen!I wish I lived in Georgia, weather is probably nice all year long!I only have indoor cages and turf in the winter!Enjoy and stick with it!You too!
    Eugene

Sami
    I'm a Pudge fan. . . pending the outcome of the Cubs-Marlins series. 8-).

I'll see if I have anything, and get back to you.

I've always been a fan of Pudge Rodriguez (and the original Pudge too). I don't actively pursue trading for Ivan's cards, but will pick some up every now and then.

He's a gamer and is on track to a HOF career. Pudge is one of the main reasons the Marlins have made it this far in the post season.

I agree,Bob. I do think he is under-rated but appreciated where he is now.

-Frank-

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast