Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Randy Moss...To Kansas City? ERROR Card

This 2006 Donruss Threads Randy Moss card seems ...anyone encountered it before and/or read of its rarity (or not)? See attached photos.

Thanks...

2. Check out Steel City Collectibles Clearance Center
    Very weird. Im very interested if your wanting to move it though!

I searched the Net on this card looking for the error, nothing came up. Andnt only am I moving that card when I find out, I'm getting rid of every card, started collecting again with 2006 Football and have tons of rookies. Tavaris Jackson Topps Chrome special edition, a ton of Chad Greenways...also have Moss in Threads regular silver and red retail holofoil 062/150 if interested.

Oops, ignore that last post, just realized this isn't a trading forum, my bad.

Wow thats kind of cool. If I was a Moss guy Id definately want that. You commonly see mismatched front & backs, but I dont think Ive ever seen a mismatched name.

Very strange card...Wonder how many got out like that..

What the? That means Randy Moss dressed up in uniform on the wrong team and posed for this card?

My THEORY on Moss Error Card

I'm thinking I should sell it to Samie Parker...or ask Randy Moss to autograph it!

I'm wondering how many came out this way too, so I sent an email to Donruss customer service. Nothing anywhere on the Net from searching a variety of ways, nothing on eBay like it, and I have a ton of Donruss Threads commons (Target shopping, I admit it, the boxes were $9.99 and with their loose packs of Donruss threads it was easy to feel if there was likelihood of a swatch since only half the loose packs had dummies or a swatch, the others were clearly thinner packs...duh)...I digress...anyway, I have 4 Samie Parker commons (oh boy) and 3 Randy Moss commons and 1 Moss red holofoil parallel and they're normal.

So I'm thinking that - get this theory - three days ago I was in Target and, lo and behold, there were two boxes of Threads, haven't been any at any of the 5 or 6 Targets I've been to for at least 4 - 5 months. Pretty late for a return to come back and end up on the shelf. I bought them and there was crap in both boxes (one red Target blaster holofoil card in each (both imminent retirees to obscurity), no rookies and the commons were garbage. I remember thinking as I drove home that some zealous product manager was probably trying to squeeze a few more bucks out of his line, found a bunch of junk cards somewhere in an office closet and told the guys to pack 'em up and sell 'em...and whoever put them there didn't expect them to be found much less released, and he'd slipped a few of his mistakes in with the other "extra cards" because he couldn't otherwise dispose of them (since I assume the print shop guys are body-cavity searched or something when they leave every day).

There's my theory. I really should send pics to Beckett etc. and drum up some enthusiasm like it's one-of-a-kind - or get the dreams of riches letdown over with and find out pretty quick it's more common than I thought. Any ideas on what to do are welcome. Now that you know I often shop at Target for cards, you probably assumed I need advice! Thanks.

(btw, sad commentary on how closely I followed anyone but rookies last year...until I noticed the Oakland card back, I thought it WAS Randy Moss and he'd been traded mid-season to KC - who'd have noticed - so they re-issued his card...)

Quote Originally Posted by GrandSalami
    What the? That means Randy Moss dressed up in uniform on the wrong team and posed for this card?
    I hope you are joking (Even though it isn't even remotely funny which is why I am confused). If you aren't I feel real bad for you...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast