Cursed Check Up On Ebay(Not Spamming)

This is not ment to be spam for an auction. This is just to let people know that the cause of all the Red Sox's problems is up for sale on the 'Bay. I just thought that it was kind of cool. The check is the one that sent Babe Ruth from the Boston Red Sox to the New York Yankees, and caused the most well known curse in sports. Wouldn't it be funny if Stienbrenner(spelled??) bought this and hung it in the locker room for inspiration next season?? HAHAHA, if anyone has $100,000 free, just Money Order it to me and I'll get it and send you a picture. I am surprised that this wasn't in the Barry Halper mega-auction a couple years ago. I mean, with all the Yankees stuff he had(ie: Gerhig Jersey, DiMaggio signed 1st edition Playboy, etc..) how could he have not gone out and found this. Maybe he will pick it up and put it in the Halper Wing of the Hall of Fame. I just thought it would be cool to let others know about this. If anyone thinks that this is SPAM or does not belong here for some reason, tell me and I will remove it completely. If not, I'd like to hear other peoples thoughts, ideas and maybe what you think it will go for.

Here is the link...
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...44&category=53

Thanks

Henry

WOW! Not that I believe the curse and I hate that the sale ever took place, but this is pretty darn cool!

I'm curious to see what the final price is and if it meets the reserve.

Thanks for the post vintage. :)

BGray

I'd buy it and burn it, or I could just burn $70,000 cash and that would be equivalent.

i wouldnt be surprised if donruss bought that up and cut it into little pieces and put them in packs along w/ their babe ruth jersey cards...

lol, that's a possibility. THAT WOULD BE HORRIBLE

Originally posted by TheBurn
    i wouldnt be surprised if donruss bought that up and cut it into little pieces and put them in packs along w/ their babe ruth jersey cards...

LOL

I doubt that check is keeping the curse alive.

THE CHECK WAS NOT THE PERSON WHO GOT TRADED.

The curse will never end no matter how loud Boston whines about it.

And crappy catch phrases aren't going to stop it either.

Whatever the case is though this guy is going to be making a lot of money.
    Baseball Trade Page: Hidden Content
    4 Sport Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

holy fark,

bid is up to $69,000+

and it's not even met the reserve price!

wow

If I had $70,000 dollars to throw away I'd certainly want that. I'd frame it and put lasers around it so no Boston fans or Donruss Execs. can get near it.

Long Live the Curse! 1918