Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

why should current players have to pay for past players mistakes

like the title says, I don't think it is fair that current univ of mich players can't play in the post season, because the fab five took money, so they say, but anyway like they didn't take the money.
    I don't care about them taking the money I would take it too, I am packing stadiums and just simply getting tuition paid, it doesn't even out, I don't care what you say. They didn't break the law, just ncaa rules, so who cares they have gotten fat off the players. licensing money, gate money, shoe money and etc. all in exchange for tuition, I would say pay me 50K+ a year to play and I willnot have to take money to live. Plus a school like mich, the endowment is funded many times over so the money for the players tuition has already been paid and the school ain't playing for it anyway and they never did, it came from speaking engagements and boosters anyway. The NCAA is like having a non-profit organization, they are simply getting phat without the expenses. Do you know how much total money it would cost to fund 13 students full tuition at a univ of mich, around 2.5-3.5 million and you never have to put another dime in, and you just simply pay the tuition out of the interest owned. This is totally incredible and now the players are screwed. I think they should be allowed to transfer w/o penalties or I think the school should get their sanctions to take affect like after the current freshman graduates and last another 4 years as you will get the recruiting classes you always had, the big money comes in the championship rounds. for instance camello anthony, who is a good player, would not have declared for the NBA if his school didn't advance to the first round. How many player declare they are going to the NBA after the teams don't even make it to the NIT. Very FEW

I am freaking done.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See IggyWH's Items on eBay

I don't know if you remember me talking about my final speech that I had to give but this was pretty much the exact topic I gave it on and I used the Michigan situation, Georgia situation, and St Boney situation as my examples. The speech went over really well.

See cfa10123's Items on eBay

The problem are that boosters are so corrupt, and that spreads over to the players. Wait to you guys see the new column in Sports Illustrated about Mike Price. He was engaging in a lot more than just watching dancers at a nude bar - wait until you hear what he did afterwards. It doesn't sound pretty!

Tim

SCF Rewards
    Country

Originally posted by stkmtimo
    The problem are that boosters are so corrupt, and that spreads over to the players. Wait to you guys see the new column in Sports Illustrated about Mike Price. He was engaging in a lot more than just watching dancers at a nude bar - wait until you hear what he did afterwards. It doesn't sound pretty!

Tim

I don't think the boosters are out of hand, tim you have a son right, you don't him to walk in the shoes you walked in, so you would try to help him have a better situation than you did going up, the boosters are simply putting a few dollars in their pockets because they and everyone else know that the scholarship players are broke as a joke.

Yeah, you do have some that do so tax-evading and soem illegal things, if you notice that is the only time it comes out in the papers, because it is the law to shoot the players a few bucks, but agaisnt NCAA rules. For instance our kids when they go to grandma and get spoiled for the weekend and it takes up month or more to get them back to way they used to be before they left. The NCAA want the players to be broke, so they can make all the LOOT. as I said before the money to pay the scholarships is not coming out of their pockets it is coming from interest earned from money that they didn't personnally put in usually. I f you are alumni of any school how many calls or letters do you get to send in your tax-free contribution.

SCF Rewards

Corruption is everywhere: Olympics, NCAA sports, etc.

Want to stop corruption?

Here's a solution:

The U.S. government employs mercenaries. Guys whose job it is to kill.

So, put out a hit list on a couple of the executives on the Olympic committee. Put a couple of NCAA board fo directors on the hit list, etc.

Executions may or may not stop corruption. But it sure as heck stops the current idiots who are committing the crime, lol

SCF Rewards
    See Rocky15231's Items on eBay

in the case of michigan, punished for things happening a decade ago, its wrong. kids like bernard robinson jr. of this year and lavell blanchard last year, its wrong to punish them.

SCF Rewards
    Country

hey my guy chris hunter the 7'0 center, doesn't get to display his skills, he came out of my hometown and I worked with his mom a few years back.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bmedinger's Items on eBay

I totally agree with you guys. THese kids are getting screwed for mistakes they didn't even make.