Good way to start off collection

I am 13 years old. I have been colelcting for a long time, but just really buying packs, and not knowing about good cards untill now. I have a few GU's, a few cards I got autogrpahed by players at games, and alot of rookie cards. Most of my cards are 2000 and 2001 Upper Deck mvp cards. I don't have alot of money to spend right now, but what is a good way to start off my collection. What cards should I go for. I need cards that should be rising in BV, so i canhave more trade bait.

Depends what you are looking for. If you want to start a good set of cards try Topps Total. Very cheap and you get a variety of players. If you want GU/Autos/RC save up and by some of the more expensive packs. Or you could do as I do and buy GU/Autos/RC on eBay which is a much cheaper alternative to just busting packs.

Well i bought a box of 2000 and 2001 Upper Deck mvp cards, so i think im goin to build those 2 sets. I just dont have alot of trade bait.

i would start collecting steve mcnair and some of the 2003 rookies you think might take off. it's good to get cards early and see if they grow in value, rather than waiting until they become big and then trying to get a few of their cards. steve mcnair is very underrated and is having a break out year. his cards will rise. some rookies like kyle boller, leftwich, and mcgahee have promise (mcgahee is still cheap because he hasn't even played yet) hope this helps

ah, mcnair :) I was smart and bought all four of his gold medallion rookies, along with like ten other of his rookies, for a grand total of like 4 bucks last year. I'm feeling very happy with that move right now :)
    Hidden Content
    Current Wants: 08 Elite Zoning Commission Jerseys, HOF on-card autos, Nick Foles, Juron Criner
    I am moving on May 14th. If we made a deal and you have not sent yet, contact me for my new address.

if you want to get gu, go to dacardworld.com Sometimes they have misc. gu for sale for cheap. OR buy a gu pack for cheap, like bowman's best or sp game used. Those arew cheap on the site

The best thing to do for a collection is one of the following

If you are looking into going mostly into packs dacw.com was suggested and seconded by me there. They offere great deals on boxes and do offer spuratic deals on some cards to look at. Some boxes can be fun but they can also be time consuming

If looking into doing sets look deeply online and see what you can do.. Maybe buy one box of something decent and buy the rest of the cards online. My uncle is doing that with like a 62 baseball set.. its a bit more expensive but he says hes having a blast doing it.

If you are looking into a personal collection of a player or two its best to go with somebody that you may have some kinda ties to..Most people on here like to collect a player/s from there local college. I know for me its Ron dayne. Redlegs goes for Mich state(i know its a mich of some sorts) and work on it that way. Dayne is not the greatest player but if he ever goes somewhere then you are set, if you are willing to make a nice buck of course.

There is also the bargan hunting online. I have seen some great cards go very cheap. A lot of tomlinson jerseys are going for like 5 bucks dlvd. If you look hard enough you can get some great deals. I have done this when i actually have the money but right now im just sticking to daynes at the moment.

You can also go vintage route.. This is only good if you wanna make sure your cards NEVER lose the value. Most of the time though this is done with the people who have grown up with the players

I hope the small tips have helped out your decision

Jay