Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See IggyWH's Items on eBay

Thumbs down I Am Done Buying Retail!

Over the last couple weeks, I've spent over $100 buying retail packs/boxes and I have got nothing but complete JUNK!

Out of 40-50 packs, I've gotten 2 inserts :

Dan Marino Membership (out of Donruss Classics) worth $10

Ronald Bellamy Topps Chrome Black Refractor #'d to 100 worth squat

Now I don't expect to pull $500 inserts but this is crazy. Everyone knows that if you want to get something decent, you need to pull inserts. Retail with their extremely high pull ratios just aren't worth it. Next time I feel like spending money, I'll just buy stuff off eBay.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See rodent144's Items on eBay

Ouch! looks like a bit of bad luck! I'd recommend Toys R Us boxes if you ever buy more retail. I've only bought one so far, and even with my terrible luck I got a great box! One of the best ever for retail IMO!

SCF Rewards
    Country

If you go eBay (and watch who you buy from) you usually can get stuff for quite cheap. My Bowman's Best box... on websites the cheapest I saw it for was $129 + shipping... I paid $100 for my box after shipping from eBay. So no more retail for me. Can't wait till I get my Bowman Chrome football case!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See rodent144's Items on eBay

wow, a bowman chrome case! wish I could afford that. LMK if you pull a foster, seidman, or ricky manning. I could use those :)

SCF Rewards
    Country

Will do...

I got a nice deal on a 6 box case so said what the hell since I sold off all my eTopps. It goes live on Nov 24th so I should know if I pull any of those guys shortly after.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Giants Oklahoma City Thunder Los Angeles Dodgers
    See 22chrisbrown29's Items on eBay

Bummer Iggy, I hope you get something sweet out of the BC case!!

I just bought one of the Target $14.99 "Excell Marketing" Football 12 pack boxes with the free auto, I got a 99 Skybox Autographics of Ahman Green :D

I was very happy with that pull!!

Peace,
    Rima

SCF Rewards
    Country

This sucks... I'm pissed... I keep reading about all you getting good pulls from target packs when I pull crap!

Rima, me and you are fighting now!!!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See shannon89's Items on eBay

Then you probably don't want to hear about the Steve Young Auto I pulled from one of those exact same packs today then huh? lol

SCF Rewards
    Country

I saw that post already big guy... you're also on my craplist.

I'ma start sending you people money to buy packs and send them to me. I have no luck whatsoever.

SCF Rewards

buying retail made sense back in the good ol' days of the mid1980s, where you can buy a pack of 1986 football Topps for less than $0.50 and pull out a Jerry Rice....

now, packs cost $3.99 each (unless you buy the entire damn box), so you're already in the hole unless you pull a desirable GU/AU

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast