Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Celtics Swept

Celtics Swept

What do you guys think the Celtics need in order to become a contender?

2. Kronozio
    A real center and Walker to actually show up in the Playoffs!

First thing Celtics need to do is get rid of Antoine Walker -- he's an over-priced 3-point shooter.

He's not much of a defender; he doesn't post inside much on offense; he doesn't rebound that great.

Second, use the money to get a quality center. They've got Pierce; now they need a second superstar. And Walker's not going to be that.

Third, get rid of Vin Baker and that ridiculous $13M contract of his.
    I know the Krispy Kreme stores in Boston (if there are any) will be very disappointed at not having him visit on a daily basis.

The only thing Boston has is Pierce, they need a good big man and a "real" point guard, I like Tony Delk but he is more of a shooting guard than point, and they should trade walker to the cavaliers for Darius Miles

Go Raps Go

With all due respect, Darius Miles won't help the Celtics. I'd take Walker over Miles any days.

Walker is a more polished player. Miles still has lots to prove. Miles is very flashy, with tremendous dunks, etc.

Originally posted by podstock
    First thing Celtics need to do is get rid of Antoine Walker -- he's an over-priced 3-point shooter.

He's not much of a defender; he doesn't post inside much on offense; he doesn't rebound that great.

Second, use the money to get a quality center. They've got Pierce; now they need a second superstar. And Walker's not going to be that.

Third, get rid of Vin Baker and that ridiculous $13M contract of his.
    I know the Krispy Kreme stores in Boston (if there are any) will be very disappointed at not having him visit on a daily basis.
    Agreed. They have to do something about Vin Baker's contract but they probably will not be able to dump it.

Maybe if they traded Walker who is not going to help them win then maybe they could get a big man or somebody to help Pierce. Pierce is the guy that the Celtics have to build around.
    Baseball Trade Page: Hidden Content
    4 Sport Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

pwaldo...if anything, I dare say that Walker's been a detriment to Celtics offense this year, more than last year.

He's in love with that 3-point line.

I believe he once said, when asked why he shot so many 3-pointers, "....b/c there's no four-pointers..." or something to that effect.

lolol

I would definitely try and come up with some kind of package trade with Walker and Baker... see if they can get rid of those 2 on one big swoop and find some big guys to do the work "The Truth" can't. I was a little surprised to hear this on the one telecast but did you know Paul Pierces green uni is the best selling basketball jersey?

Iggy, nope. Didn't know that.

I'd have guess that Kobe's jersey, or T-Mac's would be the best seller.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast