Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: Heisman watch

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See CaliforniaSoxfan's Items on eBay

Heisman watch

Chris Perry should almost be a gimme after todays performance.

Perry now leads the nation in rushing with 1588 yds and has 17 TD's

Larry Fitzgerald should be the only guy that will compete with Perry for the Heisman as I see it.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See IggyWH's Items on eBay

Although Perry is good... he is a product of the system. You can say that about anybody, but with Perry it's the real deal.

Michigan has such an explosive passing offense and most of the time they run 3 wide. That means at most, a team can only afford to have 6 men in a box. If you can't run on a defense that has 6 men in the box then you need to pack up shop and cut your football program. That's why his yards per carry is so good. It's easy for him to break through the line and with Perry's size going full speed once he hits the secondary he can easily juke or run over a couple DB's.

Perry reminds me a lot of larry Johnson last year. Larry was even better than Perry but didn't win the Heisman... and deservingly so. Against their big 3 opponents (Iowa, Michigan, & Ohio State) Larry Johnson ran for a total of something like 130 yards. All 3 were losses... no Heisman trophy deserving player disappears during the big games.

Perry in Michigan's 2 losses had 113 yards rushing and averaged 3.2 yards per carry. Heisman trophy winners don't disappear in big games! They can look back at losses and know they did their part. Perry can't say that.

Jason White obviously doesn't have a loss and has shown up in every big game that Oklahoma has had. Larry Fitzgerald in his 3 losses went :

12-201 1TD
    5-79 2TD's
    9-185 2TD's

Those 3 losses you can look back and say Larry did his part.

Larry DESERVES to win it... but White will win it. The main voters that you see on ESPN, they got it right. They're voting Larry and pushing for him any chance that they get. Hopefully their words will leak down to all the local sportswriters that have a vote.

See phantomkid21's Items on eBay

wut bout jason white?

SCF Rewards
    See ryanhnc10's Items on eBay

WHATEVER IGGY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

how can you say that perry is a product of the system and fitzgerald isn't. all PITT does is throw to freakin' fitzgerald. granted, he is good, perry showed that he could carry his team and beat a great opponent. i would say that PITTs qb deserves some credit for throwing the ball to fitzgerald. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A PRODUCT OF THE SYSTEM!!!!!! an offense is supposed to put points on the board by utilizing its strengths (so quit calling it a system) PITT gives it to fitzgerald and Michigan gives it to perry.

Jason White will win the Heisman because he is pretty good and he is playing on the team that will in all likelyhood win it all. No matter how much you don't want it to come down to it, it usually comes down to the best player/qb on the winning team.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See IggyWH's Items on eBay

All you see on highlites is Pitt's air attack, but Pitt is a very balanced team. Our starting RB got knocked out early in the year though and our backups aren't that good (at least not yet, still too young). To win games at that point then, it was Larry or bust. I truly don't think we would have lost 2 of those 3 games if Miree wasn't hurt. You see it all the time in the NFL... the passing attack can get you quick points but you need a ground attack to go with it. It keeps the ball in your offense's hands and your defense off the field. That is the best defense possible in any level of football.

If Perry's so good... as you say best player in college football since you think he deserves the Heisman... where was he for their 2 losses? If he would have shown up for either of those 2 games, Michigan would be playing for a National Championship. I understand now you're hype on the guy since anytime Michigan beats Ohio State it's a big deal... but if we gave the Heisman to a guy who had 1 big game, why not give it to Tim Gilligan. I know you're saying to yourself "WHO?" right now... that's exactly my point.

SCF Rewards

Originally posted by IggyWH
    Although Perry is good... he is a product of the system. You can say that about anybody, but with Perry it's the real deal.

Perry reminds me a lot of larry Johnson last year. Larry was even better than Perry but didn't win the Heisman... and deservingly so. Against their big 3 opponents (Iowa, Michigan, & Ohio State) Larry Johnson ran for a total of something like 130 yards. All 3 were losses... no Heisman trophy deserving player disappears during the big games.

Perry in Michigan's 2 losses had 113 yards rushing and averaged 3.2 yards per carry. Heisman trophy winners don't disappear in big games! They can look back at losses and know they did their part. Perry can't say that.

Jason White obviously doesn't have a loss and has shown up in every big game that Oklahoma has had. Larry Fitzgerald in his 3 losses went :

12-201 1TD
    5-79 2TD's
    9-185 2TD's

Those 3 losses you can look back and say Larry did his part.

Larry DESERVES to win it... but White will win it. The main voters that you see on ESPN, they got it right. They're voting Larry and pushing for him any chance that they get. Hopefully their words will leak down to all the local sportswriters that have a vote.

all I can say is: TREMENDOUS analysis!

i think perry or fitzgerald should...watch for mike williams next year...HES ONLY A SOPHMORE

SCF Rewards

Mike Williams is so good, he might skip next year and head to NFL

i kno, hes amazing...i wouldnt be surprised if he didnt...doesnt want to pull a willis mcgahee and get hurt