Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: does anyone???

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See mitcwolf's Items on eBay

does anyone???

take into consideration of what the card will or might do in the future when buying... i ask this because people want to sell rookies from this year at close to bv and i know in the future most of these will go down... i understand selling amare, yao, butler, at 75% bv or so but not others like jeffries, wilcox, baxter these are bv 5 or so now but in two years they could be out of the league as they do not do much right now.... let me know what you think.......

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See IggyWH's Items on eBay

Ahhh... the classical buying problem. You as the buyer want to pay the least that you can and the seller wants to sell it for as much as they can. It's a give and take thing and I don't think 75% of book for young rookies is too much to ask for from a seller. Sure they might be out of the league in 2 years but who's to say Michael Jordan won't go out and kill 100 people and then his cards won't be worth anything... I certainly aren't going to sell you those at a less amount just because of your theory.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Originally posted by IggyWH
    Ahhh... the classical buying problem. You as the buyer want to pay the least that you can and the seller wants to sell it for as much as they can. It's a give and take thing and I don't think 75% of book for young rookies is too much to ask for from a seller. Sure they might be out of the league in 2 years but who's to say Michael Jordan won't go out and kill 100 people and then his cards won't be worth anything... I certainly aren't going to sell you those at a less amount just because of your theory.

Agreed Iggy. If people are paying close to book price then why would you sell them for half of that.

Now would you pay more money on common rookies considering they will go up in the future according to your theory?
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country

if i believe they will go up i would consider paying more... that doesnt mean i will splurge on jared jeffries even though i believe he will be a good player someday.... that is too risky... look at Chris Wilcox.. i do not believe he will be as good as people predict because of how he plays and other things..... sure mj could kill someone but so could anyone else.. there is a much better chance of chris wilcox being out of the league in two years or on the very end of the grizzlies bench than jordan killing someone..... just a theory yes but it is a big investment at times..... my three cents

SCF Rewards
    Country

Originally posted by tutall
    if i believe they will go up i would consider paying more... that doesnt mean i will splurge on jared jeffries even though i believe he will be a good player someday.... that is too risky... look at Chris Wilcox.. i do not believe he will be as good as people predict because of how he plays and other things..... sure mj could kill someone but so could anyone else.. there is a much better chance of chris wilcox being out of the league in two years or on the very end of the grizzlies bench than jordan killing someone..... just a theory yes but it is a big investment at times..... my three cents

Well I would never buy cards of a hyped up player when they are expensive. That's always when I sell. That's how you make money buy low and sell high.

Usually the people buying expensive rookie cards and not the brightest people because they should have gotten them before they went up.

Most rookies don't pan out. In 3 years more than half of the rookies from this year's draft will not even be a factor in the league.

SCF Rewards
    Country

thats my point pw.... people are selling cards at 75% bv or higher on cards like jeffries... wilcox.. ginobili when chances are in three years they will be like harold minor... just my thoughts on the little mongrols that like to rip people off

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ashbyb14's Items on eBay

What do you guys think of Braves prospect Adam Wainwright? Will his stock rise or fall in the future?

SCF Rewards

Agree Iggy, just look at Kirby Puckett cards --- well-beloved fellow during and after he was done with baseball.

Then revelation of his sex games with unwilling women came about; even though he eventually was acquitted.

Now, folks are discounting his cards like crazy --- Naxcom, ebay, etc.

Hell, looks like Jason Williams, the guy who accidentally killed his chaeffuer and tried to make it look like a suicide, might get off scot free.

The only athlete I recall actually doing jail time of significant length is Rae Carruth, who hired hit men to kill his pregnant girl-friend. Dude's still in jail, and it's been about 4-5 years.