Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: What kind of trees...

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See lesracing's Items on eBay

What kind of trees...

... drop the most leaves in the fall??? I trully think I want to get some and plant a property border row!!! The only legal way I can get even with my neighbors.

I HATE leaf blowing/raking!!! I spent allot of time today using my leaf blower and a rake to clean up my yard.

The worst part is... I do not even have ANY deciduous trees on MY property. I have two 30-35 foot pine trees in my front yard and that's it! YES, I have to pick up the pine cones a few times a year (filled two 30 gallon trash cans last week with pine cones), but I don't need to spend hours blowing leaves out to the curb just to come back a couple of days later and do it all over again.

I think that the next time I have to do this... I'm gonna blow all them leaves back into the neighbor's yards!!!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Cleveland Browns Boston Red Sox Boston Celtics
    See jonsdoe1432's Items on eBay

Well alot of Hardwood trees Drop alot of leaves,Oaks,Maples,ect what i would do Is Put some arborvite Bushes some grow to 19-20 Feet High Plant them About 4-5 feet Apart and they will make a Huge Privacy on the border you do not have to worry about leaves any more i do that alot for my Customers Les Naturally you wil have to wait a bunch of years so they can grow a little close but that should do it.

John.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See lesracing's Items on eBay

Tahnks for the suggestion John. I wish that would work... but I don't think they can grow that high, lol. I am having problems with my one neighbor as they planted "dwarf trees" years ago about 2 feet off the property line. Now they have grown TALL and they over reach my property but 6-10 feet in some places. I check all the laws concerning this as they encroach on my property but there is nothing I can do as to cut them back is "injurious to the health of the trees" and is not allowed. The owner won't remove them and my lawyer saws if I cut them myself and they die or worse yet, a storm brings them down, I could be held liable for causing the damge to the trees.

I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place. My flower beds have died off because the neighbors trees now block the sun (I have moss growing on my grass it is so bad, lol) and now that fall is here all the leaves and dead branches fall into my yard. The one tree is an oak tree and I had a professional come in and look at it. He said somebody did damage to it by cutting it in the past (LOL... I cut it years ago and all those branches died off). He said you can't cut oak trees, they die or grow severly lopsided.

I am seriously looking into planting some trees along my property lines where they can do me some benefit also. Maybe a pine or fir tree near the front line (close to the neighbors sewer line, LOL). Oh well... it was just a frustrating and painful day cleaning up the yard only to go out there now and see another mess of leaves all over the yard!!! ARRRGGHHH!!! :giveup:

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Cleveland Browns Boston Red Sox Boston Celtics
    See jonsdoe1432's Items on eBay

Yea thats to bad les If you can Palnt the Pines that would work good Luck.

SCF Rewards
    Country

on my campus they blow the leaves everyday!!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Giants

Sorry for your frustrations Les...that's one reason I'm glad we don't have any close neighbors I actually like all of the leaves in my yard...it's pretty and it gives it that "Fall feel". We are surrounded by trees...walnut, oak, poplar, sycamore, etc....Our yard gets full of leaves every Autumn. Plus our yard is huge, so it would be a real pain trying to rake 'em all. The front of our yard is lined with "white" pines, but we don't have a big pinecone problem. Every now & then you'll see a few laying around.

SCF Rewards
    Country

He Les, plan a midnight mission. Go to the base of the trees and drill a 3/4 inch hole then pack the hole with rock salt. No problem it will take care of itself soon..Make sure to plug the hole back with the sawdust and some dirt......lol

Never have another problem again...lol

Mike