Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See randallscardsales's Items on eBay

so why is it that the NFLPA was in favor of the suspensions/disciplinary measures taken? only recently has their been a stir that the Pacman suspension is too long. The players want the trouble makers out, so that they are setting a stereotype for all, you couldnt be more wrong on this one...but hey...theres a shock...your wrong on most things. :sign0020:

Funny thing is you see me as wrong but im sure other people agree with me on issues that according to you "im wrong":becky: :thumb:

Country

I look at it this way, WE pay thier salary, not the team, not the league, not the owners, but us the fans, we pay to go to the games to but thier merchandise, the tax money we pay is used to build thier stadiums, etc, so
    I think there should be a 3 strikes rule, first time, you get fine, second time you get a fine and suspension, 3rd time, your out on your ™™™™™ for good, no exceptions, the sam penalties should apply for violation of the banned substance policy, etc, because it is US the consumers, fans etc that are paying thier salaries, and if you were an employer would you want to pay someone to around on thier ™™™™™ getting paid the kind of money these guys do?

Country
    See leeara123's Items on eBay

Funny thing is you see me as wrong but im sure other people agree with me on issues that according to you "im wrong":becky: :thumb:

wait a minute mike. You made a general statement which is only a matter of opinion the commissioner was an _______! You had no basis of fact on the statement. Oh btw since your comment seems to be based soley on the fact of length of one players suspension (which he can reduce) has no merit. If in fact he sits "Pacman" 12 games then come and complain the commiss is unfair. Remember he did give jones a chance at a reduction and the retard went out to a strip club the night before the meeting :crazy: . So seems to me he really doesn't care. :rip:

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See hagansp's Items on eBay

one of those issues would be?

Panthers make the playoffs...nope dont think many would agree with that
    Eagles dont make the playoffs...again doubt many would agree with that

what opinions do you have others would agree on?

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Well let digest some of these issues.

1) We talk about overpaid. Let me compare this to other sports (are they overpaid). The NFL has does not have all the guaranteed money like Baseball or Basketball. Their contracts might be bigger now but that not guaranteed so compared to other sports perhaps they are not overpaid.

2) Why should Athletes be ROLE MODELS? This comes up time and time again but I ask why. Does it say they should be in their contract. If we want them to be ROLE MODELS then put that in their contact. Why do we not say ALL THESE DEAD BEAT FATHERS OR MOTHERS who give up their children should be ROLE MODELS? I just wonder.

Personally, there are a few good role models that you might want to tell your kid to be like. But they are far and few between.

3) The NFL has handled out some discipline to the players right or wrong and I can understand that. I don't think the COMMISH is doing this because he trying to clean up the NFL. I think he doing this from a MARKETING standpoint (Corporate Sponsors) etc.

Now the asst coach sends sexually explicit video and nothing is done (HMM). The Commish could do something on that could he not. Then we have GENE UPSHAW who said he going to BREAK A MANS NECK. Roger cannot do anything to him but I am sure he could put some extreme pressue on GENE if he truly wanted to. Where is all the outcry for these two individuals to be role models.

4) For all you who complain about these guys how about the men and women in other sports that put up with being role models for PEANUTS. They get hurled insults when they lose a game, make a mistake, cost their team a game, etc. Ton's of people are in the minors and I cannot tell you how many times I seen PEOPLE GET DRUNK JUST TO HARASS ATHLETES. Where is the OUTCRY for these people to be role models. WHERE IS THE OUTCRY for these athletes that barely have enough to live on day in day out and have jobs after the season is over. HMM, seems like a big double standard out there.

IS THE COMMISH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE LEAGUE GOING TO SAVE THEM!!!

DON

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See 4_kids_broke's Items on eBay

dont need anything to back it up with? his actions speak for himself i think what hes doing is crap, shouldnt take away somones ability to have a job and support his family and thats what hes doing:thumb:

In just about any job in main stream america, these idiots would be fired. not only that, with out celebrity status and a fat checkbook, quite a few of them would be sitting in a jail cell. so exactly how far off is the new commish?

It seems like some people think its unfair to treat athletes and musicians like the normal citizens that spend their hard earned cash to support the exploits of these idiots.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See bobobag's Items on eBay

First off Mike you have absolutely nothing to back up that statement with.

Does Mike ever back up his statement with facts?

anyway, I agree with the new commissioner. He also just closed down NFL Europe.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12