Thread: How's this for ya

How's this for ya

A while back I made a thread about this Jabar Gaffney jersey cards i have. How it was 2002 SPX Winning Materials Rookie 1/50 and it was 15 right. Well I just noticed the regular Rookie Materials are non serial #'d so then I realize the card is actually a 2002 SPX Winning Materials Rookie Gold 1/50 x2 bv of the regular so now its worth 30 dollars!

Cool :)

I went to a show a few weekends ago (Chicago Sun Times Show) and I saw a dealer there who I have dealt with a number of times...anyways, I was looking to get rid of all my baseball autos for football, and we made a trade...I picked up some nice football autos, including a Chris Brown/Mike Anderson 03 Topps Draft Picks & Prospects RC Auto (Brown) and they are #d/2000

Anyways, I get to looking at the card real good last week, and I noticed it wasn't the #d/2000 version, it's the Gold Version #d/50 (NV due to scarcity) There is not a difference between the looks of them other than the numbering, at least none I could see!! I am not even sure he knew it was the lower #d one, so I am going to ask him next time I see him and throw some extra stuff his way if he wasn't aware of it. I am thrilled with it!!

Peace,
    Rima
    ~COLLECTING specific Chris Brown autos & multi color patches
    ~Collecting Hakeem Nicks, Stepfan Taylor, Mario Manningham, Geno Smith and Victor Cruz Auto's

TRADE LIST:
    Hidden Content

I am glad you got a deal, but in a way, I think if there are 2 cards exactly alite but only serial numbered differently, it is a crock. For example, the 2003 Pros and Prospects has rookie cards numbered to like 1750? And then the gold version is numbered to 50 only. But , the cards look EXACTLY THE SAME except for the serial number stamp is different.

At least with Topps Chrome, the special numbered to 100 card is a lot different because of the black border now instead of the standard border, so you can see the difference. But with SPX for example, the spectrum I have heard look exactly alike. I will also be very interested to see the differences from the versions in Finite when it comes out.

I also think the SP signature thing is a farce with some autos numbered to 50, some to 100, some plain in black, but with that set, I would not pay a buck more for the 50 as compared to the 100 as compared to the standard black ink version, even if the colors of the ink are different.

At least if you are going to make a parallel, make it look different, (and cooler) than the standard version.

well the base SPX Winning Materials Rookie has like Blue/Gray on it and isn't serial #ed and the gold is like a gold portion plus #ed to 50. Doesn't look a whole lot the same