Thread: BCCG??????

BCCG??????

I just bought a 1989 Topps Traded Barry Sanders RC graded BCCG 10 Mint...I heard that its from a part of Beckett Collector's??? or something like that...Im not sure as to how they price compared to BGS, im sure not as well because they dont carry sub-grades, but are they equally as valuable as PSA's????

Im stumped, I paid $5 for the card not knowing if its a good deal or not, im not a Sanders collector or anything it just seemed like a good card to purchase for that price...

any help is appreciated

Thanks,
    Paul

I made a post about the same thing a week ago and here are the replies i got.

It is way worse then BGS. Beckett decided they wanted to make more money and started this. It's basically on a 1-10 scale with no half grades i think (i.e. 8.5 or 7.5), just whole grades. The grading is also not as strict so it is easier to get 10's.

Have you ever seen a BCCG card that was not graded a 10? I think they just rubber stamp them all 10's, and collect the grading fees. I don't care for Beckett grading anyway, but this is more or less a joke, as far as quality grading goes.

Thanks for the reply.......Yeah I figured it was garbage.......but at least now I have the card encapsulated

Originally posted by sportscollector03
    I made a post about the same thing a week ago and here are the replies i got.

It is way worse then BGS. Beckett decided they wanted to make more money and started this. It's basically on a 1-10 scale with no half grades i think (i.e. 8.5 or 7.5), just whole grades. The grading is also not as strict so it is easier to get 10's.

Have you ever seen a BCCG card that was not graded a 10? I think they just rubber stamp them all 10's, and collect the grading fees. I don't care for Beckett grading anyway, but this is more or less a joke, as far as quality grading goes.

hahhahahaha...so true.

there's just too many grading companies.

I think we here at SCF should start our own grading company!