Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

North Carolina, Raleigh 12/12 - 12/14

State Fairgrounds Scott Bldg, F 2-7 Sa 10-5 Su 10-4, 10T, a:$5.00 - Ray Mozingo 919-553-4285 [email protected]

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

ATTN: North Carolina members

I will be attending this show, but not setting up. If you are looking for boxes, let me know and I can meet you there. I will waive shipping as well will probably be able to give a discount since I can only accept cash. PM if you need anything...

Tony

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Just got back from the show. Would have taken pictures, but the batteries died in the camera and didn't realize it until after getting inside.

Got to talk with some SCF buddies such as SparkySportz, Charlie Hustle and pmb0928. Sparky (Chuck) does custom MacFarlane's on the side. His work is outstanding and I would highly recommend him for gift opportunities or to add to your personal collection.

Charlie (Ed) loves his Steelers. He is a Turkey Red enthusiast, so he is still waiting for word from Topps to release this year's Turkey Red set.

pmb (Pete) is a huge fan of ECU. He also has a huge inventory of in-hand eTopps cards. I highly recommend contacting him if you would like to add one or many of those beauties to your collection.

Got to meet some other SCFers today.

P-NUT-BUTR (Ian) had a table set up today. He drove from Charleston, SC, to be there. He is a huge hockey fan and has plenty of Hurricanes cards for Carolina fans.

mlupo1 (Brian) was there walking around. Brian is mostly into racing and was looking to start/add to a A. J. Almendinger collection. He found a nice one, but it wasn't in the shape he had hoped for.

In a small world type of thing, donster (Don) was set up at the show. I didn't realize he was a member here util poited out by doniceage. Don, along with his wife, own The Sports Zone in Cary, NC. We got to do some talking and we might be able to start a SCF trade night in their shop starting next year.

As for me, I was mainly there as a walking billboard for my business, CardsByTheBox.com. It was nice to see people from previous shows and to hear disappointment in some voices when they realized we did not set up this time around. I was able to pick up some nice deals (total of 18 cards for $20).

Here's some of the goodies:
    1974 Topps Mike Schmidt (Fair Condition)
    2002 Absolute Memorabilia Brandon Claussen Auto (14/15)
    2005 SP Authentic Dallas MacPherson Auto (283/550)
    2007 SPx Winning Materials Jon Lester Jersey (174/199)

2007 Donruss Threads Rookie Collection Trent Edwards Jersey (305/500)
    2007 Press Pass Legends Ted Ginn Jr. (018/499) *Picked up specifically for Ed (palantri)*
    2007 Upper Deck Devin Hester (57/99)

2003/04 Fleer Authentix Kenyon Martin Auto (04/50)
    2003/04 SPx Flashback Fabrics Shareef Abdur-Rahim Jersey/Auto

2002/03 Upper Deck Classic Portraits Hockey Headlines Eric Daze/Alexei Zhamnov Dual Jerseys

And 8 cards for the PC (3 of which are for the wife's Chris Weinke collection).

All in all, it was money well spent ($5 admission). They had Mike Curtis (former Baltimore Colt and graduate of Duke) there signing autographs, but I didn't stick around for it.

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Sounds like a awesome show and that one thing I love about EVENTS as if you take pictures you can share what you picked up, who ya met, box breaks, etc. As this forum has picture capability unlike all the other forums.

DON

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thumbs up

Pretty decent show this time...picked up a couple Allmendinger rookies and a nice 3 color g/u Willie Parker..because he is from my home town...lol...talk to Tony for a minute and thought I found one of my gems for the Allmendinger collection but card had a dinged up corner...other than that just enjoyed myself.....some time next year after getting the ol'e taxes back, i'm gonna invest in a nice Tiger Woods auto to add to my sports collection...can't wait to post that beauty....

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Thanks for sharing Brian and a pm coming at ya.

DON

SCF Rewards
    Country

yea i was surprised that there weren't many toy/figure tables and a lot of cards tables this time.
    Had some really good deals on basketball cards and picked up some very very nice cards..
    I believe they have another show next month and hopefully it would be as good as this one!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Yes, there's another show in Raleigh next month as well as one in Greensboro (Four Seasons Mall). Going to try to set up at both, so I hope to see you there...

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See stanley1409's Items on eBay

Hey all,
    I attended the show on Sunday. I took my son and we enjoyed ourselves. I met P-NUT-BUTR and spent some time talking with him. I picked-up a nice Eric Staal Cup Foundations card (4/10).

Also, I have added some cards to my card inventory and spent some time seeing what this site has to offer.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Hey all,
    I attended the show on Sunday. I took my son and we enjoyed ourselves. I met P-NUT-BUTR and spent some time talking with him. I picked-up a nice Eric Staal Cup Foundations card (4/10).

Also, I have added some cards to my card inventory and spent some time seeing what this site has to offer.

Chris,
    Glad you and your son had a great time and as I always say thanks for posting. As I hear over and over how many people enjoy this show. I just think when we post about it, show pictures of what we picked up, people we met, etc. it makes for a great community.

Those cards in the INVENTORY rock and are some sweet pictures for sure of some nice high quality cards. As always, glad to hear you had fun chatting with Ian (p-nut-butr) as he does know his hockey.

DON