Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 14 123411 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See thehighlinegallery's Items on eBay

Trade Manager Installation and Debug: Step 3!

Hello all -

we are finally ready to install the first part of the List Manager integrated with the Trade Manager; you will be seeing the following parts installed during the weekend. The three parts we will be installing separately, but which are all part of the same add-on in the end, are the following:

Step 1: Backend and Inventory Management
    This is the first part; it does not show much to the outside, but it is fundamental for us because it includes some of the subsystems that make the new List Manager. As soon as this is installed, you should see in the left navigation of your User CP a new section - "Card DB". Here you can Manage your inventory, adding cards one by one, or using the CSV importer. I won't say anything about the CSV importer here - try using it, following the instructions, and then report problems and/or any difficulty you had using it.

I am asking you a bit of patience in this first step since we will be testing a lot of stuff working in the backend of the system and which requires some tweaking on the server, including:

- Database Modification
    - Barcode Generation
    - Watermarking of Images
    - CSV Exporter and Importer

It's very important that people with different OS try uploading their CSV files - in particular, some MAC and Linux users would be really welcome in testing this.

Step 2: Showcase and Card Search
    This is the part that will actually replace the current List Manager - it's the public side of things. With this script, you will be able to search other people's cards using the same criteria you use in the Inventory Management, sort all cards in the database according to any column (for example, you could find out who owns the most valuable card in the forums), and finally edit and access your showcase page, where you will be able to show a selection of 10 cards to the public.

Step 3: Trade Manager Integration
    With this, you will be able to trade cards using the current Trade Manager.

But now, back to Step 1 - it should be installed in half an hour. Use this thread to report bugs and issues.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I havent added any cards yet but I saw there are options for Football Cards, Baseball Cards, Hockey Cards but none for Racing(which I dont collect but alot of people do) and Basketball Cards.
    I dont know if you guys knew that or not

Thanks

SCF Rewards
    Country

Hey,

the new Trade Manager has nothing hard-coded. Those can be added easily from the backend by any administrator - I will add the cats you requested now, I am just missing a decent image for the racing section which I will find soon enough!

I am also rearranging the field order in the form, moving Year and Value higher in the list.

Thanks.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See slamma3's Items on eBay

Hey,

the new Trade Manager has nothing hard-coded. Those can be added easily from the backend by any administrator - I will add the cats you requested now, I am just missing a decent image for the racing section which I will find soon enough!

I am also rearranging the field order in the form, moving Year and Value higher in the list.

Thanks.

I tried to upload a card with a picture from my computer and I got this error

Fatal error: Existing data passed is not an array
    Called set_existing in /home/scfadmin/public_html/carddb.php on line 533
    in /includes/class_dm.php on line 235

I might be doing something wrong as I am not great with computers

SCF Rewards
    Country

Nothing wrong, and first of all this should be easy to use for everybody.

Anyhow, the issue is caused by the fact I am tampering with the file as we speak; I am adding some additional security checks exactly upon image upload, but I should be done in 10 minutes!

SCF Rewards
    Country

just a few comments as i try it out!!

- what is the difference between "card name" and "manufacturer"? i think one of the 2 could be removed (could even just use "set" or "set name" and cover both bases)

- the "year" should be higher (think you mentioned that already.....good move)

- a field for a "serial number" would be great, almost necessary these days as much stuff is #d

- i keep getting errors for not filling in fields....i dont think they should all be necessary (kinda goes along with my first comment)....also, some cards just dont have card numbers (NNO) so requiring that field wont "always" be applicable

- also with the card numbers, didn't try it but will it allow for letters to be used (all alpha-numeric characters) as many cards use letters as opposed to numbers

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks for the list of suggestions:

1) Yes, I am playing with form now, I will upload the new version in 30 seconds, and year is on top.
    2) Card Name is a generic name for the card; it should be used mostly for cards where the Player First Name and Player Last Name are not applicable. If you leave the field empty, it is automatically created by combining a player first name and player last name.
    3) I am not sure this is what you are asking, but the Card Number is where you should put the serial number of a card - at least that's why Mike asked for the field I suppose. If this is not what you are asking for, please let me know so that I can add whatever field you people might need.
    4) Good point! I was told we needed only numeric values there, but if you say alpha-numeric characters are needed, the change will be very easy.

Thanks a lot for helping!

P.S. I am uploading the updated form and the file now, so you should be able to upload your images again.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See hagansp's Items on eBay

i think cardname should stay

manufactorer would be the brand
    cardname would be the insertname/base/rookie auto field

def agree on a serial # section

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See bobobag's Items on eBay

I added an image to the original post so people can find these new ad ons to the User CP.

Harry, here are some inputs:

STATUS - Can you change the options to:

Personal collection
    For Trade
    For Sale
    For Trade/Sale

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Harry...

I know there's a description field, but can another field be added after the player name to input, "Rookie Card", "Game Used", "Auto", etc. Some people will want to search a person's inventory that way and would be nice if that was a searchable field.

Thanks,
    Tony

Page 1 of 14 123411 ... LastLast