Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

SCF Rewards
    Country

Well, just got back from the "show" a few hours ago and I must say I was very disappointed. There were a total of 4 tables set up. One guy had a decent selection of RCs, game used, autos, base cards, etc. from most of the major sports. Another guy strictly had baseball. The third guy mostly seemed to be selling only hockey and had a pretty good selection (I don't collect hockey though). There was a fourth table and that guy was mostly selling football cards. The fourth guy had cards wrapped in rubber bands (YIKES!!) so I didn't even hardly look at his stuff. I also noticed he was asking over BV for most of his cards anyway.

I was expecting a lot more tables, but I guess this show was just not prepared well or there was little interest from dealers. One of the four guys who had tables set said the shows are usually cancelled because there's not enough tables rented for the show. I can see where it's not worth the time and money if you only have four tables. You're almost better off setting up at the local flea market.

Anyway, it probably didn't help that there were no signs telling you where the card show was in the building. There was a hockey tournament going on and kids all over the place. I finally figured out where the tables were set up (up stairs).

Overall, not all was lost. I picked up 5 Arods (BV $130) I didn't have for about $40. My son wasn't very happy either. He didn't even spend his $10 because he wanted packs (no packs sold there) so I took him to Target to get a blaster box of '07 Topps football. While there I bought a pack of '07 BDP&P and pulled a Joba Chamberlain FUture's Game jersey (Rare orange swatch). Not all was lost, but I doubt if I go to another show at the Ice Palace.

4 tables. Uugh! I am sorry you wasted your time. I have been to shows where the amount of tables advertised was inflated too.
    Good luck next time.

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

4 tables. Uugh! I am sorry you wasted your time. I have been to shows where the amount of tables advertised was inflated too.
    Good luck next time.

Steve,
    Usually when they post the table number that means what they have available. Of course if no one fills them up you can be in for a rude shock lol.

DON

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (52)
    Country

Ok, the "card show" was horrible. The only time I set up is when there is a hockey tournament. I lost money for the six hours I was upstairs. Kareem (rubberbands) had no signs, no advertising, and the other two guys took off way early. At 3pm I moved back down stairs to my tables that I had for Friday and Saturday. I sold an awesome amount of hockey and the show was vedry good for me. I had many parents thank me for setting up and the kids and parent horded my tables the whole weekend.

I have no clue why the guy still does shows there. I don't know if he even sold any cards at all. He tried to rip me off on table fees, and wanted me to pay him for the days he didn't promote(if you can call it that) the show. Fri and Sat I payed the Ice Palace and not him. I have been setting up at the tournament for four years now and last year rubber bands deceided to have shows. Most of the time the show is canceled or people get sick of the small turn out. I am waiting for him to stop the shows when there are tournaments. It hurts my business being upstairs since parent do not want to walk up there and like to stay down stairs.

I think rubber bands is just trying to make $25 off the people setting up to waist their time. All the local dealers (two) will no longer do the shows their cause they lose money doing them. I lost money by being up stairs on Sunday, and even my wife was ticked off. As soon as I went to the first floor and set I was horded from 3pm till 7pm.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (52)
    Country

STEWARTRULES20: Complain to the Ice Palace about the show. I know the guy who is the marketing manager for them. He is even aggravated over the show and it "causes more hastle then good". I think that was his words.

If you saw on the first floor two tables (red and blue) against the wall on the left rink (towards the bar) is my normal set up spot. I am out of the way and I don't disturb traffic even to the rink when games are going on.

I f you want I can give the the name and number to call. Sorry I didn't get to meet you. If you can decribe what you look like and perhaps I would have seen you ?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234