Thread: Wild Card forecast

Wild Card forecast

Ok, kidz, we've reached the playoffs. If the wild card matchups this weekend have the feel of holiday reruns, it's because, well......they do.

AFC: Tennessee @ Baltimore: Ravens have won 5 straight vs. Titans. We're not even sure if Steve McNair will be healthy enough to play. Let's not take chances. I'm taking the Ravens in this one.

Denver @ Indianapolis: Just 8 days ago, the Broncos spanked the Colts at the RCA Dome, so this is a revenge game for Indy, but they also have to get over the stigma of never winning a playoff game with Peyton Manning at QB. Like, last year, the Jets waxed the Colts. (of course, the Jets are not in the playoffs this year, but that's beside the point) I have a feeling we will see an instant replay here. Pick-Denver.

NFC: Dallas @ Carolina: Again, this is a revenge game, with the Panthers seeking some payback for Dallas beating them earlier this season. I'm going to take Dallas in this one.

Seattle @ Green Bay: Seattle was 2-6 on the road in the regular season. Brett Favre is likely dedicating his latest playoff run to the memory of his father, who passed away 8 days ago. Do the math. Pick-Green Bay.

Anyone agree or disagree?

My predictions....

Tenn vs. Baltimore: I like Baltimore in this one as well because of their defense. McNair would have a hard time moving around with a hobbled leg against this defense and you know Ray Lewis would have the killer instinct against him. Jamal Lewis should be able to run on Tenn as well.

Denver vs. Indy: I think Denver will repeat their performance just a week ago in which they were without Portis. Anybody can run against the Colts and who better to do it than Portis. Manning will continue his streak of playoff losses.

Dallas vs. Carolina: After watching the Cowboys this week against New Orleans I am gonna have to side with the Panthers. Carter is atrocious when it comes to making the right decisions and the Carolina defense will feast off of that. Stephen Davis will provide enough offense in a close victory.

Seattle vs. Green Bay: No surprise pick here, Green Bay will beat Seattle fairly easily like they did earlier in the year beating them 35-13. The key to this game for the Packers: keep the ball in the hands of Ahman Green. Seattle must apply pressure to Favre and force him into turnovers to have any chance, but I don't see that happening.

To recap my picks are....
    Baltimore
    Denver
    Carolina
    Green Bay

Re: Wild Card forecast

[QUOTE]Originally posted by hobbyfan

I'll take the Titans over the Ravens

Indy over Denver

Carolina over Dallas

Green Bay over Seattle

Re: Re: Wild Card forecast

Ravens over Tennesee. McNair probilby wont be at 100%, the Ravens Defense will shut them down. Ray Lewis+Jamal Lewis=Raven's win.

Cowboys over Panthers

Denver over Indy. If Portis is healthy.

Green Bay over Seattle. Packers have momentum. Lots of it.

I can agree with all your picks so far except one with tenn balt... Tennessee WILL have mcnair play. He wont give up the chance on things like this. They knew that they were in the playoffs and figured playing houston theyd rest mcnair for saftey. I honestly think that tennesee will pull it off..

The only other thing i have to disagree with you on is favres last playoff run. He is like 80-20 for commin bak next year. That means another trip to the playoffs cuz they wont have so many stupid losses that they should have wins

GOOO PACK

Jay

IM GOING STRAIGHT TO SUPER BOWL lol GREEN BAY AND INDY

but for wildcard
    GB
    Titans
    Colts
    Dallas

it dont matter to me lol the road to the superbowl comes threw FOXBORO JUST BRING IT BABY LOL GOOD LUCK ............
    Collect Cleveland Browns/ BOSTON BRUINS/ Boston College Eagles/ROOKIES,Patches/Autos

ONLY TRADE IN THE USA

I AM GOING TO THE GAME NEXT WEEK PLAYOFF GAME I AM GOING TO BRING MY DIGITAL I WILL POST SOME PICS OF THE ALLWORLD ROWDY PATS FANS...............GO PATS......#1
    Collect Cleveland Browns/ BOSTON BRUINS/ Boston College Eagles/ROOKIES,Patches/Autos

ONLY TRADE IN THE USA

I think the Titans will beat the Ravens. Well at least I hope they will.

I think Peyton Manning will finally win a playoff game with a win over the Broncos.

I take Carolina over Dallas.

Like most I will take Green Bay on this one if Farve plays like he has been I think Green Bay is a likely candidate to win the Super Bowl.