Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See bobobag's Items on eBay

New Virus! Destroys your hard drive!

Becareful of e-mails titles, 'You've received a Post Card from a Family member'

I actually just read about this on MSNBC.com breaking news. It mostly is affecting Windows XP and Vista.

Microsoft and McAfee are working on a patch/update to combat this thing that should be available by 7 January.

-Roz

<http://www.snopes.com/computer/virus/postcard.asp>

-- CNN announced -- Snopes confirms as real --

A new virus has just been discovered that has been classified by Microsoft as the most destructive ever. This virus was discovered yesterday afternoon by McAfee This virus simply destroys Sector Zero from the hard disk, where vital information for its functioning are stored.

This virus acts in the following manner:
    It sends itself automatically to all contacts on your list with the
    title:

'You've received a Post Card from a Family member'.

As soon as the supposed virtual card is opened the computer freezes so that the user has to reboot. When the ctrl+alt+ delkeys or the reset button are pressed, the virus destroys Sector Zero, thus permanently destroying the hard disk. Yesterday in just a few hours this virus caused panic in New York, according to news broadcast by CNN.

This alert was received by an employee of Microsoft itself.

So don't open any mails with subject:' A Post Card from . ' As soon as you get the mail, delete it !! Even if you know the sender !!!

Please pass this mail to all of your friends.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Wow, didn't know new viruses are popping up again. It's a good thing that I have a Mac, but everyone else around me has Windows, so i hope no one falls victim to this

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See bobobag's Items on eBay

There are a bunch of Mac viruses now. Since Mac has expanded their reach mac viruses are popping up. Do a Google search as I read a few articles a month ago on the "mac virus" subject.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See blalock_collector's Items on eBay

wow

virus' suck at life