Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Gary Payton #/20............BV?????

I just won a 01/02 Fleer Focus Jersey Numbers Gary Payton serial #1/20.........for only $8.50!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im not sure of the BV...........its a #1/20......so I know that carries a big premium............plus now that Payton is on the Lakers im sure his cards are more valuable.....

Can anyone help me out with a price on this???

Thanks,
    Paul

2. Check out the deals at Bear Ridge Collectibles eBay Store

It is too rare to price for Beckett.com but in their magazine it is x25 of the high value for a card numbered to 30 so I would guess at least x30 high bv for this card. It would be $22.50 going on that estimate since the base card is worth $.75.

well for $8.50 I guess that wasnt too bad of a buy.......If I can find a payton collector, or lakers collector im sure it'll be worth much more being #1/20......

Thanks for the help.
    -Paul

I looked at a january beckett today...

The jersey # parallel cards arent listed due to scarcity.

The next closest is the gold parallel #/50.

And a card #/20 is more than 5x as rare as the #/100 because of the scarcity.....plus it is serial numbered ONE out of 20 (1/20)

I also have a Rasheed Wallace Silver Anniversary #05/25

It also doesnt list due to scarcity, the b/v's im getting from you guys seem way to low for the payton card, seems to me like it should book around $60-80.....

IDK

Thanks for the help though,
    Anyone else with a thought please dont be afraid to share!
    Thanks,
    Paul

*EDIT:::::

2003-04 Fleer Focus Gold 117 Rasheed Wallace $6.00 $15.00

^^^BECKETT ONLINE^^^

Thats the pricing for the gold version which is #'d out of 50

How can the payton be worth $25, when he is a better player, plus the card is #'d out of only 20, and it is #1 of 20??????????
    Last edited by paul06901; 01-03-2004 at 07:46 PM.

paul06901- That's the wrong set. You said you won a 2001/02 not a 2003/04. In the 2001/02 Set, the numbered to 30 just books for $18.75 in beckett. A card numbered just 10 less would not book for 4x more for sure. The numbered to 50 also books for $15 here also though.

And a card #/20 is more than 5x as rare as the #/100 because of the scarcity.....plus it is serial numbered ONE out of 20 (1/20)
    Just because it is 5x rarer doesn't mean that it books 5x more.

Being 1 out of anything does not raise a book value, just like a jersey card being multicolored does not raise the bv of it.
    It also doesnt list due to scarcity, the b/v's im getting from you guys seem way to low for the payton card, seems to me like it should book around $60-80.....
    You must be the only one who thinks that because that card didn't go to high on the bay, or wherever you won it from.
    Last edited by starbury03; 01-03-2004 at 08:09 PM.

I never said it booked at 5x the #/100, I said it is 5x as rare, meaning its rarity of a pull is 5 times as rare as one #/100, which is numbers....not opinion...contrary to any other book values, this card is not valued, therefore there is no set book value...........and having a multi-color g/u or a serial #'d card being #1 DOES carry a PREMIUM......not raise the book value, I said it would be WORTH more, not VALUED at more.......theres a difference

Its ok, im happy holding on to it for $8.50 anyways...but thanks for all the replys.....

Starbury, you seem to be getting kind of rude, I dont know why though.....hope this assumption is wrong...

Thanks for the replies.
    -Paul

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast