Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Gary Payton #/20............BV?????

I just won a 01/02 Fleer Focus Jersey Numbers Gary Payton serial #1/20.........for only $8.50!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im not sure of the BV...........its a #1/20......so I know that carries a big premium............plus now that Payton is on the Lakers im sure his cards are more valuable.....

Can anyone help me out with a price on this???

Thanks,
    Paul

2. Kronozio

It is too rare to price for Beckett.com but in their magazine it is x25 of the high value for a card numbered to 30 so I would guess at least x30 high bv for this card. It would be $22.50 going on that estimate since the base card is worth $.75.

well for $8.50 I guess that wasnt too bad of a buy.......If I can find a payton collector, or lakers collector im sure it'll be worth much more being #1/20......

Thanks for the help.
    -Paul

I looked at a january beckett today...

The jersey # parallel cards arent listed due to scarcity.

The next closest is the gold parallel #/50.

And a card #/20 is more than 5x as rare as the #/100 because of the scarcity.....plus it is serial numbered ONE out of 20 (1/20)

I also have a Rasheed Wallace Silver Anniversary #05/25

It also doesnt list due to scarcity, the b/v's im getting from you guys seem way to low for the payton card, seems to me like it should book around $60-80.....

IDK

Thanks for the help though,
    Anyone else with a thought please dont be afraid to share!
    Thanks,
    Paul

*EDIT:::::

2003-04 Fleer Focus Gold 117 Rasheed Wallace $6.00 $15.00

^^^BECKETT ONLINE^^^

Thats the pricing for the gold version which is #'d out of 50

How can the payton be worth $25, when he is a better player, plus the card is #'d out of only 20, and it is #1 of 20??????????
    Last edited by paul06901; 01-03-2004 at 08:46 PM.

paul06901- That's the wrong set. You said you won a 2001/02 not a 2003/04. In the 2001/02 Set, the numbered to 30 just books for $18.75 in beckett. A card numbered just 10 less would not book for 4x more for sure. The numbered to 50 also books for $15 here also though.

And a card #/20 is more than 5x as rare as the #/100 because of the scarcity.....plus it is serial numbered ONE out of 20 (1/20)
    Just because it is 5x rarer doesn't mean that it books 5x more.

Being 1 out of anything does not raise a book value, just like a jersey card being multicolored does not raise the bv of it.
    It also doesnt list due to scarcity, the b/v's im getting from you guys seem way to low for the payton card, seems to me like it should book around $60-80.....
    You must be the only one who thinks that because that card didn't go to high on the bay, or wherever you won it from.
    Last edited by starbury03; 01-03-2004 at 09:09 PM.

I never said it booked at 5x the #/100, I said it is 5x as rare, meaning its rarity of a pull is 5 times as rare as one #/100, which is numbers....not opinion...contrary to any other book values, this card is not valued, therefore there is no set book value...........and having a multi-color g/u or a serial #'d card being #1 DOES carry a PREMIUM......not raise the book value, I said it would be WORTH more, not VALUED at more.......theres a difference

Its ok, im happy holding on to it for $8.50 anyways...but thanks for all the replys.....

Starbury, you seem to be getting kind of rude, I dont know why though.....hope this assumption is wrong...

Thanks for the replies.
    -Paul

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast