Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See mtbcards's Items on eBay

Also, as an optician, there is one thing that absolutely bothers me about their system:

Prescriptions that do not expire. These tend to change every one or two years, usually by at least a half diopter, so one's vision can be greatly affected by an "old" prescription.

(Note: Every prescription that I have encountered has come from an individual who has paid, in part, for his or her exam)

Even scarier, you do not need a prescription to buy contacts online.

Eye exams USED to be covered for everyone under OHIP here in Ontario, but now they are only covered every two years. If you want one every year, you have to pay $125 (I am lucky, my work pays for my eye exams through group insurance that I get for free as an employee).

But yeah, back on target here. If you buy contacts in a store, or Dr's office, you have to have an appointment with the Dr to first see if contacts are right for you, and second to see what your prescription would be.

For buying online... all you need is a credit card. Sorta a strange system eh?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See bobobag's Items on eBay

And if you think the rest of the world, in general, does not like us, you're very naive. More people come here because obviously, we have a better quality of life than most other countries. But if you think the number of visa applicants outweighs the number of people who dislike America, I'm afraid you have another thing coming.

I've been to 15 countries now. How many have you been to?

In western Europe (Belgium, The Netherlands, Luxembourg, etc) I could not hold enough beers in my hand when they found out I was American. When I was in Poland I was invited to more parties and gatherings than I could possible attend once they found out I was American. During my time in South Korea and Japan I met a lot of folks that really enjoyed talking to Americans. I made a lot of great friends and never got a hard time from any "anti-American" folks. I did hear most of them either say they have been to America or it was their dream to visit and/or live in the US.

I spend about 9 months in Turkey and the people there had respect for America.

I find typically those that feel America is hated around the world have NEVER even left the US and rely solely on Michael Moore and other bashers of America to tell us that we are hated around the world. Well, I have been to over 15 countries now and have spent most of my last 12 years OUTSIDE the US mainland (5 years in Germany, 1 year in South Korea and 6 years in Hawaii). I have yet to meet a population that hates America. I'm sure you will find a lot of negative opinions in the Middle East, but that is nothing new. They hated us well before we ever went to war in Iraq.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I've been to 15 countries now. How many have you been to?

In western Europe (Belgium, The Netherlands, Luxembourg, etc) I could not hold enough beers in my hand when they found out I was American. When I was in Poland I was invited to more parties and gatherings than I could possible attend once they found out I was American. During my time in South Korea and Japan I met a lot of folks that really enjoyed talking to Americans. I made a lot of great friends and never got a hard time from any "anti-American" folks. I did hear most of them either say they have been to America or it was their dream to visit and/or live in the US.

I spend about 9 months in Turkey and the people there had respect for America.

I find typically those that feel America is hated around the world have NEVER even left the US and rely solely on Michael Moore and other bashers of America to tell us that we are hated around the world. Well, I have been to over 15 countries now and have spent most of my last 12 years OUTSIDE the US mainland (5 years in Germany, 1 year in South Korea and 6 years in Hawaii). I have yet to meet a population that hates America. I'm sure you will find a lot of negative opinions in the Middle East, but that is nothing new. They hated us well before we ever went to war in Iraq.

How can you determine what the general population of a country feels by meeting a few people? And of course not everyone hates us, especially sovereign nations such as the Netherlands and Luxembourg. What about the French? The entire Middle East? Russia? It's great that Belgium loves us, but the nations that don't like us are far more important than those who do. The nations that don't like us are the ones that could possibly bring us to our day of reckoning, which scares the heck out of me.

And, of course, when all else fails, blame Michael Moore (or Bill Clinton)!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gsj68's Items on eBay

will canada cover non-citizens?i mean im in oregon i could be there today if i did would i get free health care?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See mtbcards's Items on eBay

will canada cover non-citizens?i mean im in oregon i could be there today if i did would i get free health care?

No... but get this, your photo is NOT on your health card.

I mean it would screw things up if you let someone else use your health card, but I'm sure that's a scam that happens everyday.

SCF Rewards
    Country

gsj... what part of OR?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gsj68's Items on eBay

gsj... what part of OR?

gaston,by hagg lake,west of portland and beaverton

SCF Rewards
    Country

Ahh... Pendleton, myself.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456