Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Michigan, Mt. Clemens 2/15/08-2/17-08

A member from the site and I will be putting about a 1000 miles roundtrip to do this show. So hopefully, if we can drive 1000k's to set up at the show and have a good time some friendly faces can come to one of the best shows up in MICHIGAN.

Here is the link with directions etc:

http://www.gibraltartrade.com/MTClemens2.html

Below is the dates and who will be signing. I am definitely going to get a pair of auto's by Huff for $20

FEBRUARY 15-16-17, 2008 - MT. CLEMENS
    MAIL ORDER & ADVANCE TICKETS CALL: 586-465-6440
    MT. CLEMENS
    FEBRUARY 16th

JON
    WARDEN

Advance Tickets call:
    1-586-465-6440

* Saturday, FEBRUARY 16th Signing from 12:00 - 2:00
    * 1968WORLD SERIES CHAMPION
    * $3.00 - ANY ITEM

* Mail Order - ADD $5.00 TO ABOVE PRICING
    (plus shipping & handling) 1-586-465-6440

MT. CLEMENS
    FEBRUARY 16th

MATT
    NOKES

Advance Tickets call:
    1-586-465-6440

* Saturday, FEBRUARY 16th Signing from 2:30 - 4:00
    * FORMER BASEBALL STAR (Tigers / Yankees)
    * $10.00 - ANY ITEM

MT. CLEMENS
    FEBRUARY 17th

DICK
    DUFF

Advance Tickets call:
    1-586-465-6440

* Sunday, FEBRUARY 17th Signing from 12:30 - 2:30
    * HOCKEY HALL OF FAMER
    * $10.00 - ANY ITEM

p.s. If you have any questions let me know as I would love to meet some members from SCF that are around the area.

DON

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (46) Trader Retreat
    Country

I went last month to that show, but I might go depending on my work schedule.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See slapshotskedder's Items on eBay

Hey Don, I'll more than likely be there on Sunday?? What kind of stuff are you looking for?? I'm still chasing schedules and 07/08 H&P Top Prospects jerseys.

see ya then!
    Brian

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I went last month to that show, but I might go depending on my work schedule.

Well hopefully, you can make it the more the merrier.

DON

Hey Don, I'll more than likely be there on Sunday?? What kind of stuff are you looking for?? I'm still chasing schedules and 07/08 H&P Top Prospects jerseys.

see ya then!
    Brian

LTNS Brian, and of course I got some schedules stuff for ya. Will pull it so I pack it up for the show. I am always interested in any trade bait so just bring some goodies and we can work something out.

DON

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (52)
    Country

have fun up there. I t has been since 2005 when Mike and I went up to Clemens

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

have fun up there. I t has been since 2005 when Mike and I went up to Clemens

\

How time does fly.

DON

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Well here comes the little write up as with all the shows I attend. Steve picked me up as he rolled into my driveway about 6 in the morning and we were on the road in 20 minutes. Pulled up at Gibraltar Trade Center about a little after 12. Went in and paid for the table and unloaded the cards at the table to set up for the show for Friday.

Here is what the set up at the table looked liked (we changed the look each day). Steve shows off some of his goodies:

For you hockey lovers this case was filled of all the 04/05 ULTIMATE he has busted the last few months.

Some of the higher end Wings and a few odd's and end's of those Other Sports (LOL)!

Friday was slow for both of us unlike some of the dealers I talked to as they had regular clients who come and buy before the various items are picked over. So we eagerly awaited the crowds that would come out for the various signers that would sign later.

Of course one of my friends that I collected with showed up to do some trading. So a big shout out to (belfan) as we have traded a few nice cards back and forth over the years. Here are the two I picked up below and I will try to get some pic's up over the next day or two to share.

Jeff Glass auto #'ed out of 10 (4 colors to boot)!

Sp Authentic 5 player autograph #'ed to 15 (WOHOO)!

So as we had expected Jon Warden (member of the 68 WS Tigers) and Matt Nokes (former Detroit and New York All Star) would be signing during the afternoon. The autograph guest always tend to create a rush and soon as it over they tend to leave the shopping center after getting their graphs. So it was busy for the few hours they guest signed as many who came for the 1st guest hung around to catch Nokes when he would sign later that day.

Here is a pic of each as they sign autos:

So needless to say Saturday was a pretty good day for sales especially for Steve. He had a lot of the sports covered with nicer pieces of baseball and football. I on the other hand had another slow day of course a few members from SCF dropped by and did some trading with us on Sunday. So a shout out to the various members who stopped by and mentioned that they were members of the site. For those that we told about the site and ya happen to see this post Kudo's to you as well for checking us out. I hope you like what you see.

I like to give a PRICE REPORT of various hockey products for gals and guys. As I know some people complain about the prices of cards and this show has usually has very competitive prices. So just posting this as a topic of discussion if the prices are good or they can be beat (Feel Free To Chime IN)? Also, there is another dealer as well but I didn't take the time to write down his prices but am sure they are competitive as these 3 have been setting up for years at the same show.

Dealer #1
    94/95 SP $25
    96 UD SP Hockey 35
    03/04 ITG Action $15
    04/05 UD All-World Edition $29
    04/05 Sp Authentic $125
    06/07 BAP $64
    06/07 BAP Portraits $89
    06/07 BTP $60
    06/07 H&P $45
    06/07 UD Sweet Shot $48
    07/08 Artifacts $35
    07/08 Artifacts $110
    07/08 H&P 65

Packs
    Beehive Packs $3
    07/08 OPC $2 pack
    05/06 Rookie Update $2.50 a pack
    UD Trilogy $16

Dealer #2
    05/06 Ultra $49
    06/07 Flair Showcase $39
    06/07 UD $69
    06/07 UD The Cup $375
    07/08 OPC $65
    07/08 OPC Tin $19
    07/08 Spx $89
    07/08 Ultra $53
    07/08 UD Series1 $79
    07/08 Victory $25

Sunday came and the guest signer had been changed from Dick Duff to Billy Sims. So for me that was a bummer as I am a hockey guy. Also, from a standpoint of hockey guys coming to get his auto means more hockey collectors to trade, sell, and bring to the site which didn't happen with Billy there. Here some pictures of Billy Sims taking the time to chat, chill, and just sign that beautiful graph of his with the 78 Heisman on each piece for a paltry $10 dollars.

Look at the lines and this was only about half of it LOL!!

I just wanted to take the time to share some of the stuff that a collector would see. Steve and I had the pleasure to set up next to Scott Freeburn who was nice enough to switch us tables due to some logistics issues. He had two tables and it suited him better to take our table and to give us one of his. So just a big shout out to him for being such a nice guy on that front as you didn't have to be.

Here is a few pictures of some of his stuff if you like Detroit Tigers stuff or baseball in general.

A NICE MAGGIE O 1 of 1 (OMG!!)

p.s. I will try to update a few other tidbits I picked up with some other pickups and tradebait that I picked up. Tim if you ever happen to read this just a a shout out to ya for all the hockey you hooked me up. Again a big thanks to the members from SCF and others that I talked to thru out the week. That what truly makes the show so hopefully some more of you will stop by when you get that PM in your box.

DON

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays New England Patriots
    Twitter: @KarineHains See Pheebs8882's Items on eBay

Looks like it was good fun Don! Did you get to see any Roy's that would have made me sick with envy?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See tmgrnzx9r's Items on eBay

Very nice write up Don as usual. Maybe one of these years I will be able to attend.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Here is the Jeff Glass BTP Auto Patch numbered 8 of 10 and the card that Belfan traded to me at the show:

Here are a few cards that I picked up in trades or buys as well:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast