Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question How do you guys store cards that are oversized?

Is there any simple way to protect cards that are not the normal size?

Cards that are smaller are easy to protect but what about larger cards like 1989 Bowman? What do you guys do with them?
    Baseball Trade Page: Hidden Content
    4 Sport Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

They do make special cases (top loaders) for virtually every size. Personally I try to avoid the large cards like the plague.

Originally posted by radioheadfloyd
    They do make special cases (top loaders) for virtually every size. Personally I try to avoid the large cards like the plague.
    Yeah I don't like buying them either. But some of the Mark McGwire cards that I have are oversized like the 1989 Bowman and its tough to keep them protected. I only have 5 that are like that so I guess I could get some special top loaders as long as they aren't that expensive. I'll just add that to my list of things to pick up when I hit the card shop.

I only have a few over-sized cards, like the Shaquille O'Neal oversized Acetate Card of his year at LSU.

What I do is go to the post office, get one of those really large Priority Mail boxes, then cut them into sizes larger than the card.

Then I place the card or cards in between the 2 pieces of cardboard, and stick rubber band around it (doesn't hurt the card, since the cardboard is much larger and wider). Then I stick all the oversized cards enclosed in cardboards in a shoe box.

They make top loaders for the cards like 1989 Bowman and Topps BIg. Use the ones made for cards 1956 and before.

As far as other loader, You can get them in 4x6, 5x7, 8x10, etc.

You just need to find someone who carries them.

There's a dude on Ebay who sells over-sized top loaders.

Search for "TOP LOADER"

Originally posted by podstock
    There's a dude on Ebay who sells over-sized top loaders.

Search for "TOP LOADER"
    Thanks pod.

I'll check him out.

I once bought a pack of oversized cards. It was 10 dollars and guaranteed a game-used or autographed card. I pulled out a Mike Piazza Game Used jersey card. It was really cool. The piece of the jersey was about the size of a regular 3X4 card. Pretty awesome.

Originally posted by radioheadfloyd
    i agree with radio i try to avoid them. if i end up with them (old box of commons, etc.) then i just put them in the shoe box where i keep the rest of my old commons, if they are anything of value i'll just buy the larger cases

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast