Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: is this a joke???

is this a joke???

here is the auction and this must be a 1/1 cause I don't have it and beckett doesn't list this card. LOL

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...5&category=648

I am about to email this guy and see what he says..

That guy had the Card stamped 1/1 to get more money out of it because he could'nt get it graded because of the centering.

You'll always see cards that say 1/1 but are b.s. Alot of times it's because of the condition out of the pack and the owner is pissed off he wont get a 9,9.5 or 10 out of grading, They then have these b.s. companies or there friends make up those foil stamp machines to say whatever they want and pull this crap.( you can by those foil stamp machine for pretty cheap at art and craft store)

THE ONLY TRUE ONE OF ONE COMES FROM THE MAJOR CARD COMPANIES, BE IT FROM DISTRIBUTION OR AT THE NATIONAL SHOWS!!

Dont be fooled by anyone offering a1/1 unless it from the Card manufacturer and was a 1/1 when it went in the pack, and was a 1/1 when it came out.

here is his reply

Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 12:15:19 EDT
    Subject: Re: Question for seller -- Item #2732856325
    To: @yahoo.com

it's a special card. I won it recently on another auction site. it wouldn't be listed under beckett.

I have no real information about the card

In a message dated 5/28/2003 11:53:08 AM Eastern Daylight Time, @yahoo.com writes:

Subj: Question for seller -- Item #2732856325
    Date: 5/28/2003 11:53:08 AM Eastern Daylight Time
    To: @aol.com
    Sent from the Internet

hello

I was looking at this card and I don't see it listed in beckett nor does it say that there were 1/1's of this card pulled from packs, can you help me out and explain this, I am interested in added this to my collection of amare's.

ryan
    --------------------

Question from: rookiecamp
    Title of item: 2002 TOPPS CHROME AMARE STOUDEMIRE USA 1 OF 1
    Seller: dksportz8
    Starts: May-27-03 18:32:10 PDT
    Ends: May-30-03 18:32:10 PDT
    Price: Starts at $9.99
    To view the item, go to: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=2732856325
    Last edited by gioperation; 05-28-2003 at 01:35 PM.

He probably did win it at another auction, Paid a ****load for it and found out it was crap and is trying to dump it on some other idiot.

Terrible centering, and the bottom left corner is soft. I see this all the time and don't like how some people try to make a quick buck doing this.

Tim

hahahaha...I always laugh when I see these 1/1 cards on Ebay.

PT Barnum is right: there's a sucker born every minute.

lololol

I read someone's post on a card site once saying: "Wow! Look at this 1/1". Then someone pointed out to him that the guy was selling 453 other "1/1s" that looked exactly the same. LOL.

Tim

Originally posted by podstock
    hahahaha...I always laugh when I see these 1/1 cards on Ebay.

PT Barnum is right: there's a sucker born every minute.

lololol
    hey pod!!!!

have you read any of PT Barnum books, if so which was the best I have been thinking about picking up one or two, I am reading donald trump's "the art of a deal" now I am in the 3 chpt and it is pretty interesting, this is my second time reading it, as I read it like 7 or 8 years ago. But this time it is like I never read it as I don't really remember any of the stuff so far.

Haven't read any P.T. Barnum, but read Michael LeBoeuf, his books are the best ever. If you ever want a good book on customer service and management, his books are a one stop shop.

Tim

Originally posted by stkmtimo
    I read someone's post on a card site once saying: "Wow! Look at this 1/1". Then someone pointed out to him that the guy was selling 453 other "1/1s" that looked exactly the same. LOL.

Tim
    I always find that hilarious.

In the description the person writes RARE 1/1 ONE OF A KIND.

Then you look at all of his auctions and he has about 70 of them listed.

That alone should warn people that these are worthless cards.
    Baseball Trade Page: Hidden Content
    4 Sport Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast