Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See antuany1's Items on eBay

’07: Prestige, Threads, Artifacts, Certified Materials, TTT, '06 Sweet Spot

It was an expensive weekend again. Only this time, I don’t think it was worth the money. I would have been better off picking up a box of National Treasures or trying my luck at a few hands of poker with Johnnie Chan.

It's a lot of cards, so I'll only list the rookies, inserts, & hits...I have plenty of base, let me know if anyone's looking for anything.

I started with 2 packs of '07 Leaf Certified Materials for $19.

1: Gold Team: Frank Gore 12/500
    2: Freshman Fabric: Tony Hunt 68/1499

SCF Rewards
    Country

I then worked out a deal at the local shop for the last box of ’07 Playoff Prestige & my 3rd box of ’07 Threads for $150.

Prestige:
    1: Draft Picks: Jason Snelling 599/999, Ahmad Bradshaw R.C.
    2: Dwayne Bowe R.C.
    3: Stars of the NFL: Steve Smith, Jarvis Moss R.C.
    4: League Leaders: Darrell Jackson/Plaxico Burress 46/100, Jamaal Anderson R.C.
    5: Brian Leonard R.C.
    6: Chris Houston R.C., X-Tra Points: Jamaal Anderson R.C. 26/50
    7: Draft Picks: Rhema McKnight 187/999, Gary Russell R.C.
    8: Josh Reed X-Tra Points 17/100, Buster Davis R.C.
    9: League Leaders (Receiving): Chad Johnson/Marvin Harrison, Courtney Taylor R.C.
    10: Robert Meachem R.C., Prestigious Pros (Green) Drew Brees JSY 31/100 (white)
    11: Tim Crowser R.C.
    12: Xtra Points: Isaac Bruce, Victor Abiamiri R.C.
    13: Drew Stanton R.C., Stars of the NFL: Antonio Gates JSY (blue)
    14: Calvin Johnson R.C. (PC)
    15: Craig “Buster” Davis R.C.
    16: Prestigious Pros: Peyton Manning 185/250, David Harris R.C.
    17: Steve Breaston R.C.
    18: Selvin Young R.C.
    19: Superbowl Heroes: Kelvin Hayden, Tony Hunt R.C.
    20: AJ Davis R.C.
    21: Adrian Peterson R.C. (PC)
    22: Prestigious Pros: Brett Favre 288/1000 (PC), Rhema McKnight R.C.
    23: Johnnie Lee Higgins R.C., NFL Draft: Brady Quinn (PC)
    24: Quentin Moses R.C.

The “hits” weren’t great, but I did get a few of the big name rookies, and it was a relatively cheap box with nice looking cards.

All for trade except PC

SCF Rewards
    Country

Now to the ’07 Threads (24 packs, 4 hits):

1: Vince Young Bronze 172/250
    2: Rookie Class Letterman (autographed): Yamon Figurs (S) 66/150
    3: Century Stars: Willie Parker
    4: Century Legends: Fran Tarkenton
    5: base
    6: base
    7: Willie Parker Platinum 18/25
    8: Daymeion Hughes R.C. Auto. 59/250
    9: College Gridiron Kings: Jay Cutler
    10: College Gridiron Kings: Jon Beason Holofoil 7/100
    11: Century Legends: Eric Dickerson
    12: Pro Gridiron Kings: TJ Houshmandzadeh
    13: base
    14: Pro Gridiron Kings: Boyd Dowler
    15: base
    16: Dynasty Materials: Byron Leftwich, Fred Taylor, Maurice Jones Drew 52/250
    17: base
    18: Century Legends: Marcus Allen
    19: base
    20: Century Stars: Matt Hasselbeck
    21: Dynasty: Jaguars (Leftwich, Taylor, Jones-Drew)
    22: Muhsin Muhammad Silver 93/100
    23: Pro Gridiron Kings: Johnny Morris

With only 3 hits so far, I hope this 4th hit is a big one:

24: Adam Carriker R.C. 462/999
    and for the 4th hit…
    NOTHING!!!! I got shorted a hit. Has anyone had any luck with Donruss making up for boxes that are shorted (even though it’s 4 hits “on average and not guaranteed”)

Plus, after 3 boxes, I STILL don't have a complete base set. I still need 1 card, I'm debating on buying another box.

All for trade.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I figured things couldn’t get any worse, so I went to a card show (this one ended up being about an hour away) to pick up another box of SP Authentic from a guy who offered it to me last week for $100. He ended up backing out on his offer that he assured me would stand this weekend & tried raising the price on me, so I went to another lady & negotiated a price for the last pack of ’07 Triple Threads & the last box of ’07 Artifacts for $115. (TTT-$62.50 & UD Artifacts-$52.50)

The Triple Threads (1 pack – 6 Cards with a guaranteed triple memorabilia or auto), is definitely the most expensive pack I’ve purchased, but it seemed like a good price compared to some others that I'd seen, and I’ve seen some good breaks posted on here. Plus, after Saturday's breaks, I figured I had some good luck coming:

Card 1: Willie Parker base 1228/1449
    Card 2: Drew Brees base 1091/1449
    Card 3 (Hit): Triple Relic: MIA TE U – Greg Olsen (3 color) Kellen Winslow (3 color) Jeremy Shockey (1 color) 01/36
    Card 4: Drew Brees sepia parallel 191/639
    Card 5: Shaun Alexander gold parallel 94/99
    Card 6: Edgerrin James base 460/1449

hmmm…The Triple Relic is a nice looking card, but I don’t think it made the pack worth the $62.50. I didn’t like getting two Drew Brees cards in the same pack either (they look the exact same except the background is tinted red on one & sepia on the other). I know it might not be much to some, but if I’m gonna spend that much for a single pack, I’d hope for 6 truly different cards. Wonder if it's worth writing Topps.

Again, all for trade

SCF Rewards
    Country

On to the ’07 Artifacts (10 packs-4 cards per pack. 4 hits per box & a rookie, auto, or memo. per pack):

1: Sidney Rice R.C. (I guess this one’s a short print)
    2: NFC Apparel: Clinton Portis 138/325 (yellow).
    3: Mason Crosby R.C., NFL Facts: Drew Bledsoe
    4: red NFL Artifacts Patch: Brian Urlacher 1/25 (3 color)
    5: Tyrone Moss R.C.
    6: Gold Ted Ginn Jr. R.C. 17/99
    7: red NFL Artifacts: Kevin Curtis JSY 227/250 (blue swatch)
    8: Steve Smith R.C., NFL Facts: Corey Webster
    9: Scott Chandler R.C., NFL Facts autograph: Mike Quick (WHO!?!?!),
    10: Jared Zabransky R.C.

The Urlacher is a nice looking card. Good thing I’m a Bears guy though, other than a Romo base, he’s the ONLY player I collect.

All for trade except the Urlacher patch & Romo base.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Even though I had already spent too much money, I was determined to break this bad luck/mediocre box streak. Since the show was over, and the only shop (of the two) that was still open is completely out of football (I called), I went to the local Meijer (similar to Super Target, but more expensive). Sometimes they have those 3-pack variety packs with a Hobby pack on the front and even more occasionally they’ll have a Hobby box of ’05 product. As I was about to leave empty handed, I noticed hidden amongst the UD Rookie Premiere sets, a box of ’06 UD SweetSpot for $79.99. I assumed this was a hobby box, but I wasn’t sure. I also wasn’t sure if there were any guaranteed hits per box, but after a lot of debating, I bought it. After opening the box, it turned out to be a hobby box.

’06 SweetSpot:
    1: a HUGE decoy filler. Seriously, this thing is about 1/4 inch thick.
    2: Claude Wroten R.C. 143/699 (who?), Jason Pociask R.C. 482/699 (again, who?)
    3: base
    4: base (but out of 16 cards, 2 are already doubles)
    5: Marques Colsten R.C. 651/699
    6: a lot more doubles of base
    7: more doubles
    8: doubles & Demetrius Williams Rookie Signatures 21/899
    9: 2 doubles, 2 new base
    10: base

Seriously, this has been my only Sweet Spot; what’s with all these doubles?!?!?

11: base and (finally)
    Rookie Signatures Joseph Addai 22/499 (autographed on faux helmet)

12: base

I was happy with the Colsten & Addai, but there are seriously 15 doubles. Considering, there are only 48 cards in the box and 4 per pack, about 1/3 of the box was doubles. Does it seem a bit ridiculous to anyone else? I think I'll definitely be writing Upper Deck on this one.

For players I collect, I got one Favre base card & the Addai.

With these helmet autograph cards being so thick, what's the best way to store them, they far from fit in a magnetic plastic hard case for thick (130 point) cards, and I don't think I've seen any thicker.

All is for trade (it’ll be hard to get the Addai though)

SCF Rewards
    Country

Stars of the NFL: Antonio Gates JSY (blue)

I need these one to help with a set. also are any of those Prestige RC's these numbers?

thanks
    kp

SCF Rewards
    Country

antuany - I had a similar situation with Donruss. With Threads, I actually got shorted two hits. They were very good in my situation though. On their website, they have a list of everything they'll need. I sent it, and literally within a week and a half, I had my replacements in hand. They weren't great, but they also weren't bottom of the barrell stuff too. Just do what they ask, and they'll help you out.

On an aside, do I have anything you'd like for the Figurs letter? I'd be quite interested.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See onepimptiger's Items on eBay

Nice Prestige box, good hit on the Threads Letterman (even if it is Figurs), and very nice hits on the TTT TE Gu, Urlacher GU, and Addai Auto. Are you able to get scans? (I see you don't have a bucket)...I might be interested in the Quick auto...he was a pretty good Eagles WR in the 80s that came out of NC State.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See footballcardguy's Items on eBay

What do you want for this one: Triple Relic: Greg Olsen (3 color) Kellen Winslow (3 color) Jeremy Shockey (1 color) 01/36

Check out my site. LMK.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast