Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

SCF Rewards
    See radioheadfloyd's Items on eBay

Originally posted by tygercub12
    If you ever have any questions about law school and want to ask, feel free, I'm stuck in Hell right now at Penn State Law. I wish I could have stayed at CU but I was really homesick. :(

What year are you? Is it a ton of reading??

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TheBench(300)
    Country
    See tygercub12's Items on eBay

finishing up 2L right now... it's not too bad after the first year, but that's when it kills you. it's anywhere from 15-30 pages a night reading for each class, which isn't bad in itself, but once you start briefing and taking notes and trying to absorb all the new terms, it eats up your time.

if you're shooting for the top of your class, i'd suggest not having a job during your first year (of course you will want to find an internship or do pro bono work in the summer, but it's not a good idea to work during the schoolyear if you want to do REALLY well). i don't want to be an attorney, so i don't care about being in the top 10% or whatever... and i've been working weekends since i started school. luckily my job isn't very challenging, so i have a lot of time to read and study.

once you get through the first year, it isn't so bad... you know how procedural stuff works and you don't have to spend tons of time figuring all that stuff out so the case makes sense to you... plus you're more used to reading legal jargon, so the reading goes faster... and you're able to more efficiently brief.

i really didn't want to go to law school, but i had three majors in undergrad and i couldnt decide which i should get a masters in... so i avoided it completely by going to law school. plus i figure i can get a decent job with a law degree, even if it's not being an attorney.

the most important thing you want to do... make sure you're going for yourself, not to make anyone happy. it's a long road and it can be hard... and if your heart isn't into it, you'll find it hard to do the best you can.

ETOPPSCARDGUY
    tygercub12, Card has been transferred. Congrats!!! Hope you like Etopps!!

SCF Rewards
    See mantleman777's Items on eBay

nice gesture etoppsguy hope you enjoy etopps tygercub its alot of fun

SCF Rewards
    See radioheadfloyd's Items on eBay

Originally posted by tygercub12
    finishing up 2L right now... it's not too bad after the first year, but that's when it kills you. it's anywhere from 15-30 pages a night reading for each class, which isn't bad in itself, but once you start briefing and taking notes and trying to absorb all the new terms, it eats up your time.

if you're shooting for the top of your class, i'd suggest not having a job during your first year (of course you will want to find an internship or do pro bono work in the summer, but it's not a good idea to work during the schoolyear if you want to do REALLY well). i don't want to be an attorney, so i don't care about being in the top 10% or whatever... and i've been working weekends since i started school. luckily my job isn't very challenging, so i have a lot of time to read and study.

once you get through the first year, it isn't so bad... you know how procedural stuff works and you don't have to spend tons of time figuring all that stuff out so the case makes sense to you... plus you're more used to reading legal jargon, so the reading goes faster... and you're able to more efficiently brief.

i really didn't want to go to law school, but i had three majors in undergrad and i couldnt decide which i should get a masters in... so i avoided it completely by going to law school. plus i figure i can get a decent job with a law degree, even if it's not being an attorney.

the most important thing you want to do... make sure you're going for yourself, not to make anyone happy. it's a long road and it can be hard... and if your heart isn't into it, you'll find it hard to do the best you can.

I have heard that 1st year is hell! I don't plan on working during school, sounds like too much work already!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234