Thread: Larry Brown to coach Pacers

Larry Brown to coach Pacers

I have to say, firing Carlisle seemed like an idiotic move, but now I see why they did it. It was a raw deal for a very good coach, but I look at it this way - he'll still get paid and if he's that good, someone else will hire him.

As for Larry Brown, although I hate the Sixers, he did an AWESOME job squeezing everything he could out of that team. I think the best thing I've ever heard about his is this: "Larry Brown has forgotten more about the game of basketball than most coaches will ever know." Couldn't have said it better.

I don't see how Brown will do any better than what Carlisle did.

If you don't have the right players, you're not going to win the NBA title. And this Pistons team, even with the #2 pick, do have enough talent to win the title.

That's why Phil Jackson went to the Lakers. He had Kobe and Shaq.

yeah, i cant see him doing better. hes a better coach, but this team won under carlisle. adding darko might help, but not his rookie year. billups and hamilton played great and wallace is a stud in the middle, but this team got demolished in the east finals and i cant see them being better under brown. i can though seeing a team like philly or new orleans being better under carlisle, they have more talent that the pistons. i question this move.