Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: DB Crash and restore

SCF Rewards
    Country

Will the new posts button be restored to show the last 10-15-20 pages like it used to?
    For the past 8 days, I can only access 5 pages of new posts. It doesn't go back to the last time I was logged in anymore, just the most recent 5 pages.
    Please LMK,
    Thank you.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See Captngeetch's Items on eBay

Some links are crossed...I clicked this one in Hockey pack/box Breaks sub forum to go to the last post in a particular thread, and it put me into a whole different forum (football)

https://www.sportscardforum.com/showt...97#post3281697

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See thehighlinegallery's Items on eBay

Yeah, that's because latest post links to a thread through its latest post; that post was lost during the crash and that same post id was assigned to another thread. These errors will be gone soon.

Country

What about bets placed and the cc we sent in wagers? If Edgeman and Cardsandbeanies check their cc histories, they should be able to refund it, or will the posts actually be restored?
    Last edited by wwf1fan1; 05-03-2008 at 09:34 AM. Reason: spelling

SCF Rewards
    Country

Will the new posts button be restored to show the last 10-15-20 pages like it used to?
    For the past 8 days, I can only access 5 pages of new posts. It doesn't go back to the last time I was logged in anymore, just the most recent 5 pages.
    Please LMK,
    Thank you.

I do not see how today's issue could have affected this, really. There should be no effect on this, nor we applied any changes to the new post system.

Edit: I understood what you meant. This was actually not a bug, but a limit we enforced on the search engine, used also to grab your new posts. Before, it was unlimited. On April 26th, we set a limit of 200 results in order to reduce load on the server. I raised the value to 400, let me know if this is better for you.

Country

Again, I ask:

What about bets placed and the cc we sent in wagers? If Edgeman and Cardsandbeanies check their cc histories, they should be able to refund it, or will the posts actually be restored?

Dispute Team Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Dallas Cowboys Pittsburgh Penguins New York Yankees
    See etmill01's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders

I am sure he will answer your question as soon as he can..There are alot of issues with what has happened and they are doing the best they can to look into everything that happened with this..Thanks Ed
    I only trade by Beckett price guide, not eBay comp or SV, TV..I also do not collect any Panini or Donruss Baseball products..

SCF Rewards
    Country

I do not see how today's issue could have affected this, really. There should be no effect on this, nor we applied any changes to the new post system.

Edit: I understood what you meant. This was actually not a bug, but a limit we enforced on the search engine, used also to grab your new posts. Before, it was unlimited. On April 26th, we set a limit of 200 results in order to reduce load on the server. I raised the value to 400, let me know if this is better for you.

If 400 posts is good for the server, that's still much better than 200 posts. If there is a way to bump it up to 600 posts, without having too much affect on the server, that would even be closer to what the site had. I used to see an average of 15-20 pages, 40 posts per page.
    LMK,
    Thanks.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yes, that issue is unrelated to our activity. It is probably a bug or misconfiguration in vBCredits, which should hopefully be solved when upgrading.

Credits were sent automatically by the system, so I am not sure there is a log of what happened. We will have to write acustom script to let you revert the issue, but at the end of our upgrade.

Country

No clue what any of what you said means. I'm saying I posted bets and sent cc, and then the posts disappeared. So now there's no record of what I bet on, and I'm out 200 cc.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast