Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

View Poll Results: Who is the Better Point Guard?

Voters
19. This poll is closed
  • Steve Nash

13 68.42%
  • Tony Parker

6 31.58%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Please Help

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See stat_1's Items on eBay

They both have their strengths and weaknesses, but overall I'd say Tony Parker is slightly better than Nash.

- Parker is the perfect point guard for the playoffs, and Nash is the perfect point guard for a regular season. (Advantage: Parker)
    - On the defensive end, Parker is better by a landslide (not going to explain much more on that, lol). (Advantage: Parker)
    - On the offensive end, it's too close for me to choose. Nash is a better playmaker, but Parker is a better scorer.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See stat_1's Items on eBay

Let me propose this question...

Which would you rather have on your team? A MVP, or a Finals MVP?

Country

I voted Nash, Parker isn't even the best player on his team. I believe he benefits from the other great players on his team and Nash makes the other players on his team great. This is a bit of a simple question for me. If the question was asking who would I want on my NBA 2k8 team for the next 7 years I would say Parker.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Well I'm sure veryone already knows who I picked but I guess I'll elaborate some.

Some good points have been brought up and I think Nash is the best because of several reasons. 1) Yes I do believe Parker is the better scorer but I also think that he is trying to score. Nash's game is to run the offense and look to make a play and if nothing is there, then he has the ability to score and most of the time and drive and make a good lay-up and has a WAY better shot than Parker. Way to many times I see Parker bring it down and before the offense is set up he dumps it to Obi-One and he basically runs the offense. 2) The face of the Spurs has always been Tim Duncan. In my opinion Parker is the 3rd best player on the team. Ginobli is a much better scorer and can pass as well. If you take away Parker than sure the Spurs lose a GOOD player, but you take away Nash and the suns lose a GREAT player. Marion and Stoudamire were the only good players on that team and A-STAT didn't really even start deceloping til Nash got there. Nobody had ever heard of these guys,(Raja, Diaw, etc.) until Nash was there and started making his players good.

So to answer the_futures questions. I would take Steve Nash. Yes, Parker has some rings and Nash doesn't, but Nash makes his players good and knows how to take over a game. When there's nothing down low, he can pullmup for the jumper, if he can't score, he can make somebody else.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Parker's assists numbers are low for a PG because he is primarily a scorer AND the Spurs play team ball. The ball gets kicked around a lot in possession. Also, for those who think Parker has so much talent around him, what about Nash? Stoudemire, Marion, Barbosa, and Bell. You've got young guys who are athletic enough to run with Nash. The Spurs aren't a run and gun team. Two different PG's on two different offensive systems. Plug Parker into D'Antoni's offense in Phoenix...he would be averaging 25 and 10 easy.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See lou2iggy43's Items on eBay

nash, point blank. nash. no comparison, unless you want to base it on there wives. lol.

OPG Staff

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gladdyontherise's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

What about Amare with Nash, I think Amare is a Top 3 Power Forward too.

Anyways, I voted for the Frenchy Fry (Tony Parker) I feel he is right behind CP3 as the the best point in the league.

im not talking in the league right now, im saying in the history of the NBA.
    Click banner for tradelist
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 192/283

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12