Thread: A question about grading cards

A question about grading cards

I know this is a stupid question...But whats the purpose..Why do people do it...Does it make a card that much more valualbe....An what Bv should be the minium you get a card graded..Meaning should you only get cards 40 dollars and more graded

there are certain sets that should be graded. Examples would be 96-97 EX, 96-97 Finest, the Early chrome. Cards from those sets were condition senstive, so the better the condition the more valuable. Nowadays, its been blown out of proportion. There really is no point unless you are sure itll be a 10 and plan on selling it.

Grading can be used for:
    1. Authentication (i.e. M.J.'s rookie card, STAR cards etc.)
    2. As bdrr mentions for condition sensitive subsets (i.e. black borders, inserts prone to chipping etc.)
    3. For protection
    4. Now for AUTOS
    I personally think grading is a joke and does not really help the hobby unless it is used for the above stated purposes and even then I question the validity of grading. Look who is pricing cards and look who is grading cards which might reveal why they are valued the way they are. In my opinion it is just another way for someone to make money that has been filled with fraud and lack of industry standards. I just love to have the ability to hold or move a card like I want even though I rarely do this for condition purposes.
    My 2 Pesos (I will probably have my own grading card company in the future to generate more revenue lol-Down with grading)