Thread: Mays Card

Mays Card

Was wondering if you guys could help me figure out what set this Mays card is from and how much it is worth. I will attach scans of both the front and back of the card. It says it's #33 and from my guess of looking at beckett it would be a 1969 Topps Deckle Insert BV $12 but lmk what you think.

Here is the front

2. Check out the deals at Bear Ridge Collectibles eBay Store

Re: Mays Card

Originally posted by Bonds_25
    ... It says it's #33 and from my guess of looking at beckett it would be a 1969 Topps Deckle Insert BV $12 but lmk what you think.
    Hey Bonds, you hit it right on the head. I have a few of those myself but not the complete set (pulled 'em myself when I was 9 yrs. old). btw, how'd you get that card?

Was sent to me free in part of a deal in which I traded for a Mays Vintage, I'll take a free Mays Vintage anyday lol.

Originally posted by Bonds_25
    Was sent to me free in part of a deal in which I traded for a Mays Vintage, I'll take a free Mays Vintage anyday lol.
    who the heck trades away vintage cards of Hall of Famers?

Originally posted by j smeltz
    is it a real auto on the front?
    These cards were not personally signed--they are printed signatures. Compare bbonds scan with the image shown here. (Click "Previous" to see the Willie Mays #33 card.) The signatures are exactly the same in appearance and position. These cards were inserts included in every wax pack of 1969 Topps Baseball cards (but maybe only in 1 or 2 series of those cards). Hope this helps!:)

Originally posted by podstock
    who the heck trades away vintage cards of Hall of Famers?
    Surprised me as well but hey I'm not complaining. I only trade $25 in GU for a $20 Mays vintage and unexpectedly another mays vintages worth $12.