Thread: Question on ERROR's.

Question Question on ERROR's.

I just received a bunch of GU cards in the mail, and one of them was:
    02 Flair Jersey Heights Issac Bruce. Beckett books the card at $12, but the back of the card says it's Rich Gannon, and has his # on it. Does this take away from the value of the card? Should I just assume this card books at $0 because of the error?

The thing that is weird with errors is that it has to be corrected for it to be an error. YOu can write into beckett for it and they will check with the office of what ever company they need to. If they say the error was corrected then you probly got your self a nice card there depending on how long the correction took. If it wasnt, it retains its bv

Jay

Most likely this is just a wrongback, this was very common in the 80's as sheets get shifted during printing causing the wrong front to get attached to another back, its rarely seen in these quality contolled days of today.

If you don't want it because of the error I'd be willing to trade for it (since I like both those players). LMK if you decide to trade it.

hmm you know what sad about the wrongback things bamafan.. Is that they were actually around like long long before that. One of the buddys this card shop owner knows is really really big into cards. He went through and at a flea market found a 2nd year micky mantle CLEAR back card. They say this is like one of the first 1/1s around or something like that and would basically be make your self an instant millionare if to sell on ebay..

Its actually going to go to steinbrenners son who collects yankess cards up the wazoo and probly paid him 500,000-1000000 to it but that part im not sure of cuz i never heard anything else about it

Jay

Thanks for info Prophet, how can I contact beckett to find out? If this does happen to be one of the cards that got corrected, what's it do to the value? Or is it that there's pretty much no book value, it's just whatever someone is willing to pay?