Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Some good posts here.

A couple other things that irk me:

When someone has a card I am interested in says "Someone else is willing to pay more than this price". That's great, sell it to that person then. I'm not going to shell out more money because an often imaginary buyer is offering more.

Also, some sellers have short tempers when I offer a few bucks lower than what they have a card for. It surprises me that people can fly off the handle when I offer a bit less than what they ask for. I don't exactly have a big budget, so every dollar means something to me. If you can't stomach $5 instead of $8, you're not looking at selling the right way in my opinion. A sale is a sale, and can mean return buyers/traders. That's not worth losing over a few bucks.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See DallasCowboysFanZ's Items on eBay

Get use to it.. the traders on this site are getting worse and worse and it seems that the only thing the site cares about are members numbers... not the quality of the members.
    Its getting old, and old real quick! I've talked to a lot of vetran traders on here and we all feel pretty much the same way, the attitude on here and the quality of the traders has gone down sadly over the last few months. Perhaps if we make this a pay site we can weed out some of the people that want to give you $2 for a $20 card so they can in turn list it on ebay and sell it for $12.
    Whatever happened to this hobby being fun and about collecting your favorite team or player and not just trying to turn a profit on eBay.. I'm so sick of hearing about eBay I won't trade with anyone that brings it up any more!

OK... My rant is over now! Kudos to you for speaking up.... It isn't much fun anymore with the way things are going.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Get use to it.. the traders on this site are getting worse and worse and it seems that the only thing the site cares about are members numbers... not the quality of the members.

finally people are starting to come around to what ive said for the past 8 months!! sadly, im not one bit surprised at what this place has become!!

OPG Staff

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gladdyontherise's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

Its getting old, and old real quick! I've talked to a lot of vetran traders on here and we all feel pretty much the same way, the attitude on here and the quality of the traders has gone down sadly over the last few months. Perhaps if we make this a pay site we can weed out some of the people that want to give you $2 for a $20 card so they can in turn list it on ebay and sell it for $12.
    Whatever happened to this hobby being fun and about collecting your favorite team or player and not just trying to turn a profit on eBay.. I'm so sick of hearing about eBay I won't trade with anyone that brings it up any more!

OK... My rant is over now! Kudos to you for speaking up.... It isn't much fun anymore with the way things are going.

finally people are starting to come around to what ive said for the past 8 months!! sadly, im not one bit surprised at what this place has become!!

this is why i made the thread. i came here about 7-8 months ago, and i can tell, its going down hill, quality wise fast. more scammers appearing, more trade disputes, but if the money is coming for the site, no one cares what we want.. the TRADERS who make this site what it is have no say apparantly
    Click banner for tradelist
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 192/283

SCF Rewards
    Country

I agree with what everyone is saying, except the generalization that kids under 13, 16 etc. are too immature to be on here. I just turned 16, and I try to be as professional as possible. Hopefully many people dont realize I'm one of the younger members here. Yes theres lots that are immature, but I dont think it can be assumed that anyone under age 'x' will not make a productive member here.

I havent been here that long, but I see what your talking about. It looks like more and more people are only looking out for themselves. They hurry through trades just looking to get the best deal they can, ignoring common courtesy and manners. I always try to add a 'Thank you' at the end of any message where I'm asking a question, working on a trade with someone, or any number of other things. These people are just concerned about themselves and what they can get from you than anything else. For me and most of the respectable collectors and members I know on here, its much more about the actual hobby and building a collection than making money or getting the best deals.

I just try to ignore the rude people. I can be pretty selective with who I trade with, and if I dont get a good first impression, I'll look elsewhere for a trade. I'll take less trade value to trade with a veteran trader or someone I know is a good, honest, and polite member, than someone I find rude.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@rtghobbies

I agree with what everyone is saying, except the generalization that kids under 13, 16 etc. are too immature to be on here. I just turned 16, and I try to be as professional as possible. Hopefully many people dont realize I'm one of the younger members here. Yes theres lots that are immature, but I dont think it can be assumed that anyone under age 'x' will not make a productive member here.

I havent been here that long, but I see what your talking about. It looks like more and more people are only looking out for themselves. They hurry through trades just looking to get the best deal they can, ignoring common courtesy and manners. I always try to add a 'Thank you' at the end of any message where I'm asking a question, working on a trade with someone, or any number of other things. These people are just concerned about themselves and what they can get from you than anything else. For me and most of the respectable collectors and members I know on here, its much more about the actual hobby and building a collection than making money or getting the best deals.

I just try to ignore the rude people. I can be pretty selective with who I trade with, and if I dont get a good first impression, I'll look elsewhere for a trade. I'll take less trade value to trade with a veteran trader or someone I know is a good, honest, and polite member, than someone I find rude.

I agree with pretty much everything you are saying. I try not to discriminate based on age- i take every trader as a case by case basis- it does seem that a lot of the younger traders dont quite understand how to go about their business professionally here- but the same can be said about a lot of "adult" members who resort to name calling, rudeness and hostility.
    Growth is a two-edged sword- and that is all I will say about the changes in the amount of members here...
    Ed

OPG Staff

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gladdyontherise's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

I agree with pretty much everything you are saying. I try not to discriminate based on age- i take every trader as a case by case basis- it does seem that a lot of the younger traders dont quite understand how to go about their business professionally here- but the same can be said about a lot of "adult" members who resort to name calling, rudeness and hostility.
    Growth is a two-edged sword- and that is all I will say about the changes in the amount of members here...
    Ed

you better take it on a case by case basis Ed..lol after all how many trades have we had and i fall into the 13-16 range (although i shouldnt since im always at the top of the leaderboard tradewise)

its not so much thinking every 13 year old or 25 year old is a pain or immature. but you can see in the way they type and act online to tell how young they are. its pretty easy to point out the younger members, and at the same time, a person you may think is 30 is only 16. it varies, but it happens. its to bad though that some of the things we have all expressed on this thread probably wont be considered because the more members that come on the site, the more money is made. some of these members sometimes make me want to punch the closest wall im near or headbut a sheet of glass...lol

but what can we do? nothing apparantly because it seems that no one cares about our opinons

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@rtghobbies

i wouldnt go that far Dan- you are, in fact, categorizing the staff as one single entity- which is exactly what you are asking people not to do about traders of a certain age. I know a lot of the staff members personally (well, from the net anyways) and a lot of them do care about our opinions, and the proper running of the site. dont judge them all based on the actions of a few...

stepping off the soapbox
    Ed

Country
    See Mrlumu's Items on eBay

Bowler, there is an area for Suggestions and feedback for SCF, Feel free to post any of it in there
    https://www.sportscardforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67
    And staff is more than willing to listen to Members Opinions. It helps us make SCF Better!

Instead of creating threads bashing the lack of Change, I encourage you to bring it up to a Staff member or Post in the Feedback/Suggestions Area of SCF. If you want to be heard, you need to go through the proper Channels.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See sportzluvr's Items on eBay

yea the site is messed up....but what site isnt...thats why were here isnt it?:]

bowler-i understand with allll the trades youve made but what about the higher end collectors on the site? its much harder to trade around 2-600$ cards as opposed to trading a gu card bv8$ for a coupel inserts.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast