Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See jdbrak1's Items on eBay

Anyone had to fill out a USPS insurance claim?

How reliable are these? Can I show beckett BV as enough information? Thank you for helping

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'm not sure if this is the same with other post offices, but when I go to the teller, I just say $___ insured and they would fill it out for me. I don't think you need to show them proof that what's inside is worth that much, though.

SCF Rewards
    Country

i meant more that I have a piece that is lost in the mail that was insured for $195 - thanks though demonpower. Does anyone know the process for actually getting the money back?

SCF Rewards
    Country

The receipt and the insurance receipt would be enough to get your money back; they might also ask for 2 forms of ID as well.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yeah, you just need the proof of insurance and u should have no problem

SCF Rewards
    Country

so there is no need to prove the value of what was lost, correct?

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (10) The Bench
    Country
    See jlzinck's Items on eBay

How reliable are these? Can I show beckett BV as enough information? Thank you for helping

Had to do it once a few years ago. This was when insurance of $50 or more went on a different slip.

It was $130 total and it took me 8 months to the day to get my $$ from the USPS.

They will not accept Beckett. You need some different documentation. Luckily I had a copy of the check the buyer used to get my $$ back.

Good Luck

SCF Rewards
    Country

ours was a trade.... so there wouldnt be a receipt - i was told i just needed a receipt for the insured piece.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (10) The Bench
    Country
    See jlzinck's Items on eBay

ours was a trade.... so there wouldnt be a receipt - i was told i just needed a receipt for the insured piece.

oof. GLWT.

I would think the BEST you can do is replacement cost.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

A little confused. Did you send the item with insurance purchased at the post office?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast