Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

SCF Etiquette for New Members

Let this be the official thread for giving tips to new SCF members, as per Mike. These tips are, essentially, recommendations which cannot be made into rules (i.e., using delivery confirmation). To contribute, simply post a tip. Please avoid debate, redundance, repetition, and outright stupidity. A single post should contain nothing more than that which is considered useful to a new member.

Staff, I'll let you judge whether this thread belongs here or in the "Feedback and Suggestions" section.

David

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See bobobag's Items on eBay

Yes, this a great idea and I back it 100%. This is YOUR chance to influence the new members. This will go to them as a link in their welcome PM. We can turn this into an article as well.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Ely836's Items on eBay

People will respect you more, and want to deal with you more if you use semi-proper grammar. Not saying you have to be an author to post, just try to use puncuation, caps (when needed) and respect. Name calling and bashing aren't tolerated by the members who are veterans on the board, the more respect you have for us, the more respect we'll have for you.

Thanks,
    Jimmy

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See jsab4807's Items on eBay

The number one thing that (IMO) drives most of us who have been around a while nuts...

When someone PM's you, at least have the respect to send a PM back. Even if you don't like anything they have.

That seems to be an ongoing trend around here...

SCF Rewards
    Country

The number one thing that (IMO) drives most of us who have been around a while nuts...

When someone PM's you, at least have the respect to send a PM back. Even if you don't like anything they have.

That seems to be an ongoing trend around here...

I second that.

Also, try to reply to people's posts. If someone takes the time to look through your bucket, have the courtesy to get back to them, even if you're not interested in what they are offering. Everyone loses track of posts once in a while, but don't make a habit of just ignoring posts you aren't interested in.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Good stuff... Another one:

Distinguish your medium for determining value. If you like to use SV, state that before trade talks.

Country
    See leeara123's Items on eBay

Please remember this is a discussion thread and are NOT rules of the board.

More as helpful tips in making yours and others experience here more enjoyable.

One thing that is a rule but for some reason people tend to lose their cool too quickly. If someone starts on you in an unbecoming or disrepectful manner PLEASE do not continue to duke it out. We have a report a post button for that purpose. If you look at the bottom of a post and see the red triangle & exclamation point HIT IT. The troublesome post and poster will be reported to our staff. We then will determine what course of action to take on the offender. If you go back and forth even if provoked your guilty of an infraction. Allow the staff to deal with problem members so you don't have too!

Gonna sticky this thread, please feel free to add to it. But keep personal vendetta's out of it thanks.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Atlanta Braves Atlanta Falcons Indianapolis Colts
    See Jeremy12familyguy's Items on eBay

People will respect you more, and want to deal with you more if you use semi-proper grammar. Not saying you have to be an author to post, just try to use puncuation, caps (when needed) and respect. Name calling and bashing aren't tolerated by the members who are veterans on the board, the more respect you have for us, the more respect we'll have for you.

Thanks,
    Jimmy

I agree with everything you said above. I particularly want to stress the importance you made about grammar. While my grammar isn't perfect I make an effort to be as correct as possible. I feel whenever a person writes something it makes a statement about them. When I see people using horrible grammar and/or spelling, it makes me not want to read whatever they just wrote. I wish all Internet users, as well as people in life away from the computer, felt the same way you and I feel about grammar.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See johnnygee's Items on eBay

why do we need to have 2 posts before we can add images?
    thanks, jack

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Phoenix Suns

My tip would be that when you are trading with others you discuss how you will send (if you mind). Some people send in white envelopes, some people send in bubble mailers, some send with delivery confirmation. If you have an expectation let your trading partner know before hand and discuss what would be best. Also you can post this with your trade in the trade manager so that it is confirmed by both of you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast