Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Phoenix Suns

How to resize your banner (suggestions inside!)

I've been sending these instructions to a lot of people lately and thought I'd just post them here in case it helps anyone. If your image is uploaded to photobucket this is how you can re-size it to be small enough for the signature guidelines on SCF.

1. log into photobucket, and click the Edit link above the image
    2. once the editor loads click on the Resize button
    3. change the size to be within size guidelines for signatures here... that means 300 pixels wide and 100 pixels tall maximum. make sure Keep Proportions is checked off.
    4. click either Save a Copy or Replace Original after you are done. if you save a copy you will need to update your signature to link to the new copy.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Molly, I hope you don't mind me adding to this.

You can also go to www.irfanview.com and download their free image editor. It can resize, crop, enhance colors, increase sharpness, and several other aspects. It is totally free to download and use and is super simple to utilize.

The upside is that by using it you can maintain the quality of your image when you shrink it down to meet SCF requirements. After you resize your image some of the aspects will blur a bit. Simply click Image and then scroll down to Sharpen and all of the blurriness will be removed.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Phoenix Suns

that is fine, thanks for the info!! if you guys want this can just be a thread to share ways to re-size that are simple enough for people to do without buying anything :)

SCF Rewards
    Country

Great info. Also anyone who makes banners in this part of the forum will help you out with resizing. Just send us a PM. This also gives you another option.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See sp0odini's Items on eBay