Question PSA GRADINGS?? Only a few cards?

Hello, I have a few cards I found..and while trying to price them, I see a lot of cards that are "graded?" seem to go for much more on Ebay or wherever.

I assume "PSA" is a company that grades cards...I only have a handful, but some are in pretty good nice shape...A) is it worth my time to get them graded...B) or do you need to have a bunch at a time to get that done...C) or do they do this at card shows?

Thanks, for any advice...my son is getting into this stuff...so just trying to learn for the both of us..

Regards,

John
    New Market, MD

It all depends on what cards you have...beckett also grades cards

check out these websites

www.beckett.com
    www.psacard.com

Also, welcome to the site :)

It really depends on what you have, and in what kind of condition they are in.
    I wouldnt waste much time with grading unless the card books for over $50 but alot of people do. Especially if the set is prone to being condition sensitive. Its better to grade more at a time as you usually get a discount that way. They will grade cards 'on site' at a show or you can simply send them in to be graded.

I suggest buying a jewelers loupe atleast 10x magnification and take a good look at the corners also. Even the most minor flaw when magnified could earn you a lower grade.

Hope this helps,
    Ryan

Getting cards graded is very expensive so you should only look at your best cards to get graded.

I wouldn't bother with anything that isn't a rookie card that will get less than a 9 out of 10 which is tough to do.

Then you also have to decide which company you want to grade your cards.

And welcome to the site. If you need anything just PM one of the staff members.
    Baseball Trade Page: Hidden Content
    4 Sport Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

Smile Thanks Much For Advice

Wow, thanks to all you guys for the reply on te PSA thing...I looked through the cards and yea...only a couple are rookie... they seem to be from 1971-72...probably not worth time to grade the franco harris that looks to be the only decent one...do you know any sleepers that might be worth somthing from those years, that are not rookie cards? Actually, had an OJ, but had a crease in it. That was a long time ago wasn't it.

Well, I can let my son keep them, them anyway and then I can turn him on to this site!! for the future.

I'm just a guitar player..

Thanks,

JM

The 1972 Topps Football high series is worth grading if in nr mint condition or better. Even the commons will command a decent price as the high series is scarce.