Helping Another collector...Please Read !!

Hi everyone.......Its been awhile since I have left a post on any trading forum.I have a situation I am hoping the traders on sportscardforum can help me with.I have a 17 yr old cousin named Billy.Well Billy accidently shot himself while holding his shotgun.He shot himself in the leg,right below the knee.He is a collector and a very well liked person here where I live.Well we found out that Billy will not be able to keep his leg.It was to be removed today,but they have put it off til tuesday at 2:00pm.Billy is extremely scared and thinks his life is nothing now.If at all possible I want to show him that life is not over.This is where I am asking for help.I would like to put together a package of cards as well as letters from other collectors and people who just want to help my cousin.He collects both bb and bk,but at this point anything will help.If you just want to send an encouraging letter that would be great.....If this is something the people of cardtradingfools would be willing to help me do,please contact me or post here..I have also included a link to the newspaper story below.....Also if you have any questions feel free to ask me.Thanks for listening...

Billy Barthelme
    c/o Thomas Dodd
    828 N EL PASO AVE
    Russellville, AR. 72801

http://www.couriernews.com/archivedstory.asp?ID=4514

Thanks,
    Thomas

2. Check out the deal at Allgood Collectibles eBay Store
    Thomas
    Sending you a couple of boxes of cards for Billy. Hope he enjoys them.
    Tell him not to expect anything great, but it will certainly take him some time to organize them

Hope all other traders will send some cards. The kid will need something to occupy his time when he is recovering. Clean out those old boxes of cards you never do anything with !!!

Thomas
    Does he collect any one player, if so LMK and I will see what I have and see if I can send something your way he might like....no matter what I will at least send him a nice game used..but LMK
    Thanks
    Mike

Hi....To everyone that has replied,We appreciate it veru much.As far as the players he likes,these are the ones he likes the most.in baseball he likes Bonds,Nolan Ryan,Pujols,giants and Yankees...In basketball he likes Jordan,Lebron James,Shaq, Corliss Williamson,Lakers,and Pistons.Also if anyone is interested in writing to Billy please feel free,You don't have to send anything but some encouraging words.Encouraging words are just as important as the cards.Well Thanks again and if you have any other questions please feel free to ask....

Thanks,
    Thomas

doddman i will be more than happy to send him a lot of baskettball cards. verry sorry to hear about this dont have any of the players that he likes but will send him whatever baskettball gua and autos that i have and whatever rc that i have hope this helps him get what he collects.
    thanks
    chris

Let's keep this at the top and
    help this kid out

Come on collectors!!!
    Last edited by mikem; 02-28-2004 at 01:56 AM.

Just heard from Thomas and Billy's leg was amputated and he is now fighting an infection

Let's all give him something good to come home to and help him keep his mind occupied

update 3/2/04

Just talked to Thomas, here is update on Billy

dOddMaN35: leg taken below the knee,but today they had to go in and clean it out to try and get rid of the infection....if the infection does not go away,he could lose more of his leg

He also asked me to thank EVERYONE thinking of Billy

PLEASE READ..He has only received 2 letters to Billy. Where as the cards are going to help him keep occupied when he gets home, would like to have a ton of letters to take to him in the hospital. Write him a letter letting him know he is thought of and that you look forward to trading with him when he gets home. It would mean a lot

Thanks to everyone regarding this

Mike