Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See 97S281_27's Items on eBay

sequential #'d cards in same pack

I opened a pack of 2008 Donruss Classics and at first glance I had thought that I got two of the exact same card in one pack (didn't realize they were #'d cards at first) but when I flipped the cards over I realized that what I got was sequential #'d cards.

Country
    See 4maier's Items on eBay

had that happen once two kinda weird lol mine was bowman best 05 but some no name player

Country
    See mstng99tim's Items on eBay

Why can't this ever happen with GOOD players, LOL!!! I had that happen before too, but like both of you, mine was a no-name player.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Very interesting. That has never happened 2 me tho

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See mackstradamus's Items on eBay

No-name player?!?!?!? Gatski's hall of fame baby!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Cleveland Browns Cleveland Indians Cleveland Cavaliers
    See selby1286's Items on eBay

Why can't this ever happen with GOOD players, LOL!!! I had that happen before too, but like both of you, mine was a no-name player.

What are you talking about Gatski being a no name player? Gatski is in the Hall of Fame. He was one of the best players on the Browns in the 40's and 50's, and those were the teams best years.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Boston Red Sox

This happened to me with 2007 Absolute Football. I pulled 2 Adrian Peterson RPM's that were sequentialy numbered out of the same pack. The pack was so thick when I pulled it out of the plastic sleve, I knew they had screwed up, I just didnt know it was going to be such a nice screw up :)

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Boston Red Sox

What are you talking about Gatski being a no name player? Gatski is in the Hall of Fame. He was one of the best players on the Browns in the 40's and 50's, and those were the teams best years.

I didnt read this before my post. Its amazing how young collectors, and even quite a few of the older collectors have no idea who any of the players that forged the leager are. Its as if the league started with Walter Payton, and anything before that didnt matter. If you ask any young Baseball card collector if they know about Ruth, Cobb, Gherig they all would. If you ask a young Football card collector who Baugh, Nagurski or Grange are, most of them have no idea. Pre 1960 Football autographs is one of my hobbies, so I know a little more than the average collector probaby should, but I still think its important for people to know the names of the players who are responsible for the game we love today.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See aharner55's Items on eBay

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Cleveland Browns Cleveland Indians Cleveland Cavaliers
    See selby1286's Items on eBay

I didnt read this before my post. Its amazing how young collectors, and even quite a few of the older collectors have no idea who any of the players that forged the leager are. Its as if the league started with Walter Payton, and anything before that didnt matter. If you ask any young Baseball card collector if they know about Ruth, Cobb, Gherig they all would. If you ask a young Football card collector who Baugh, Nagurski or Grange are, most of them have no idea. Pre 1960 Football autographs is one of my hobbies, so I know a little more than the average collector probaby should, but I still think its important for people to know the names of the players who are responsible for the game we love today.

To be honest, I only knew who he is because he was on the Browns and my Grandpa has told me stories about him and all the other greats that played by the Lake. I do know a few great players from other teams that played before the 60s, but not as many as I know from the Browns.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast